Product Designer, Remote
San Francisco, California /
Our mission is to solve climate change by restoring nature. Solving climate change will require us to do more than just reduce emissions, but remove carbon from the atmosphere. Forests are the best way to do this. We use satellite imaging and machine learning to measure and monitor forests. Like-minded and top investors, such as Saltwater Capital, Chris Sacca, and Paul Graham, back us.
We are building the world‘s first verified forest carbon marketplace. We watch forests, track carbon offsets, and connect buyers to high-quality projects. We need your help to bring transparency and to increase the use of forests to remove carbon.
Pachama is looking for our first full-time product designer to create a world class product. You will be responsible for producing high quality visual designs for web applications that deliver a stellar customer experience. As a small team, we are also looking for someone who understands and wants to explore the customer journey. We expect that this role will also be involved in the entire product definition process - from defining customer need to iterating on feedback and adapting designs.
Job is remote, but we prefer candidate to be within three hours of the Pacific time zone.
* Design web experiences and visuals.
* Evolve the Pachama brand and aesthetic.
* Ensure consistency of our style across platforms.
* Work to gather customer feedback.
* Ensure product designs address core customer and business needs.
* Collaborate effectively with small cross-functional team.
* Produce visual assets.
* Work alongside developers to ensure delivery of features.
Some things we consider important in this role:
* Strong product and design sensibility
* Past experience developing wireframes and prototypes
* Past execution of of web products
* Ability to manage multiple projects at once
* Willingness to pitch in beyond their job scope
* Clear communication to multiple stakeholders
* Excitement to solve climate change