Technical Account Manager
San Francisco Bay Area /
Customer Success /
At Pachyderm, we're building an open-source enterprise-grade data science platform that lets you deploy and manage multi-stage, language-agnostic data pipelines while maintaining complete reproducibility and provenance. If you want to learn more about our grand vision, read what has become our "manifesto." Our system, developed with open source roots, shifts the paradigm of data science workflows by providing reproducibility, data provenance, and opportunity for true collaboration. Pachyderm utilizes modern technologies like Docker and Kubernetes to build an entirely new method of analyzing data. Offered both as an in-house solution as well as hosted-service, Pachyderm brings together version-control for data with the tools to build scalable end-to-end ML/AI pipelines while empowering users to use any language, framework, or tool they want.
As a Technical Account Manager at Pachyderm, you will be part of a small, elite, customer-facing engineering team (think Seal Team 6) devoted to solving challenging infrastructure and data platform issues for both our open source users and enterprise customers. This can be anything from debugging network issues to architecting complex machine learning pipelines to troubleshooting Kubernetes and Docker. This role is perfect for engineers who love working directly with customers and prefer to witness success alongside the user first-hand.
The Technical Account Manager who will also be responsible for providing “white glove” technical service to Pacyderm customers by supporting, adopting and providing guidance over the Pachyderm platform. This is mostly a post-sales role focused on maximizing value for our enterprise deployments, but will also include working on PoCs, engaging with prominent OSS users, and being part of our broader customer success org. You will manage our customers through deployment, training, implementation of best practices, and ongoing troubleshooting. These projects can range from small projects at AI technology startups to fortune 100 enterprise implementations.
While you'll have direct access and support from our engineering team, you will also have ample opportunity to commit the core Pachyderm codebase yourself. As an open source project, detailed GitHub issues are great, but PRs are pure gold! You’ll also have direct exposure to our community of users via our open source support channels. At Pachyderm, OSS user and customer feedback is major driver of our product roadmap and we believe that everyone within the company should experience that first-hand.
Pachyderm is just a small team right now, so you'd be getting in right at the ground floor and have an enormous impact on the success and direction of the company and product. However, this also means that you will support pre-sales, help align on goals and KPI’s and contribute to customer success. In addition to Technical Account Management our first few hires in these roles will also be doing some pre-sales Solution Engineering and Support and Implementation Engineering. We are currently looking for all three roles and as such, you are welcome to apply to one or more.
Finally, please do feel free to check out the product on GitHub as it’s open-source!
We offer significant equity, full benefits, and all the usual startup perks.
- Advise on technical support and product adoption for customers in line with pre-sales, post-sales and the renewal processes
- Analyze customer’s Data Science Infrastructure on a regular basis and provide recommendations that will maximize Pachyderm’s value
- Be the customer’s advocate by knowing their goals and use cases then suggesting process changes, product adoption, configuration and additional features to meet their requirements
- Mentor and train the customer’s champions
- Participate and prepare for Monthly and Quarterly Business Reviews with customers
- Collaborate with Pachyderm’s product management, engineering and technical services teams to help identify new features and products
- Continuously evolve best practice to technical product adoption and customer success
- Possess a solid technical grounding with hands-on experience in a containerized infrastructure
- You have a never-ending passion for learning
- You are a self-starter, tech-savvy professional and it’s easy for you to understand a company’s business requirements and explain Pachyderm’s value and technical details to C-level executives, a technical guru and everything in between
- Previous hands on experience with AWS, Azure or GCP
- CI/CD tools e.g. Jenkins, Gitlab etc..
- Containerization tools e.g. Docker, Kubernetes or Rancher etc..
- CLI experience, Linux, basic programming skills, debugging, installing tools
- Previous experience in Professional Services supporting Enterprise customers in the Data Science/ML infrastructure space
- You have experience using Pachyderm and/or other ML/Data Science platforms
- Development experience in Golang, Python, C/C++ or similar is great too