Lead Data Science Evangelist (US Remote Optional)
Evangelism and Developer Advocacy
At Pachyderm, we're building an open-source enterprise-grade data science platform that lets you deploy and manage multi-stage, language-agnostic data pipelines while maintaining complete reproducibility and provenance. If you want to learn more about our grand vision, read what has become our "manifesto."
Pachyderm is seeking a data science evangelist to evangelize our brand, product, and thought leadership to our customers, prospects, and partners. This is an incredibly unique and exciting role where you will get to build out a grass-roots following and grow brand awareness through engaging with other industry influencers, speaking at key conferences, creating thought leadership content, and more.
Our users are generally data scientists and data engineers so the role will focus on collaborating with them to further improve the overall project. Our vision of the perfect candidate is someone who loves to build machine learning and data science examples, write blog posts, give talks, evangelize awesome ML or data science tools, Docker, and Kubernetes, and generally just get Pachyderm in on the conversation.
Pachyderm is just a small team right now, so you'd be getting in right at the ground floor and have an enormous impact on the success and direction of the company and product. You can of course check out the product on GitHub because it’s open-source.
We offer significant equity, full benefits, and all the usual startup perks.
- 2+ years of software engineering, machine learning, or general data science experience and an ability to translate complex subjects into concise explanations
- A hobbyist-level interest in ML and data science is totally fine as long as you have ample work to show your fluency in those topics and ability to engage with other data scientists/engineers
- Coding ability is a requirement, preferably Python, but Go, R, or Julia are also good.
- An already-established social network and relationships with industry influencers a big plus, but not required.
- A meaningful number of blog posts, github projects, meetup talks or other content is required.
- Creative with a passion for teaching, public speaking, content creation, and networking
- Willingness to travel 20-40% of the time (flexible based on your preferences)
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for fast-paced, high growth companies
- Ability to plan and estimate tasks and then execute efficiently
- Must have strong communication skills when talking about technical concepts. Our interview process strongly tests for communication as we have a very collaborative work environment where many parts of the codebase interact in complex ways.