Senior Technical Content Writer (US Remote Optional)
Evangelism and Developer Advocacy
At Pachyderm, we're building an open-source enterprise-grade data science platform that lets you deploy and manage multi-stage, language-agnostic data pipelines while maintaining complete reproducibility and provenance. If you want to learn more about our grand vision, read what has become our "manifesto."
We are looking for a Senior Technical Content writer to join our Product Marketing & Developer Advocacy team. In this role, you’ll lead the creation and implementation of a comprehensive docs strategy while also creating things like new tutorials, architectural diagrams, competitive analysis, and more. We’re looking for a true word nerd, who also has a strong technical background and passion for data science. The ideal candidate is ex-engineer who loves creative problem solving, interacting with the community, and is an expert collaborator.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Writing technical content which includes (1) technical API and workflow documentation, (2) interviewing subject matter experts and customers, (2) writing, editing, proofreading both text and code (3) working with end-users and coworkers to define appropriate graphics (screen capture images, line drawings and diagrams) to accompany text.
- Content creation includes: Product & API Documentation, New Tutorials, Blog Posts, Reference Architectures, Solution Briefs Competitive Material, Customer Case Studies, and more.
- Define recommendations on content standards, needed improvements, and content gaps
- Prioritize and document customer and user bugs to inform engineering efforts
- 2-4 years of technical writing experience
- Must be comfortable working with code, dev tools such as Docker as well as the terminal. Intermediate development experience in Python, R, or Go is considered a huge plus.
- Track record of timely, high quality, and relevant technical content
- Ability to handle deadlines and remain highly organized while delivering multiple pieces of content at the same time
- Team player, self-motivated and able to take ownership of assigned tasks
- Must have strong writing, editing, organizational and communication skills, and meticulous attention to detail
- Curious, enthusiastic learner who can translate technical concepts to a variety of audiences