Senior Deployment & DevOps Engineer
Core Systems Engineering
At Pachyderm, we're building an open-source enterprise-grade data science platform that lets you deploy and manage multi-stage, language-agnostic data pipelines while maintaining complete reproducibility and provenance. If you want to learn more about our grand vision, read what has become our "manifesto."
Love Kubernetes, cloud deployment, and automation?
Pachyderm is hiring a deployment and devops expert to own and lead our infrastructure, deployment, and testing processes. Pachyderm has a number of major engineering initiatives in 2019 and a rapidly-growing engineering team and we're long overdue for some major improvement to our internal infra and engineering methodologies. Your major projects will include:
- Manage and maintain internal Kubernetes clusters and hosted Pachyderm clusters
- Optimize Pachyderm's CI to improve our development workflow and software release process.
- Develop Pachyderm's testing/benchmarking harness to perform large-scale benchmarks on a regular cadence.
- Improve, test, script, and document the multitude of deployment options for Pachyderm's core product including all cloud providers and various permutations of on-prem k8s and object stores.
- Build standard monitoring, logging, and deployment (e.g. Helm chart) packages so that Pachyderm users can get up and running faster
- Work closely with our full-stack team to improve hosted cluster stability and uptime.
While your primary focus will be building and maintaining various internal systems, you'll also have the opportunity to contribute to the core product and work directly with users/customers who have complex deployment environments. At Pachyderm, OSS user and customer feedback is major driver of our product roadmap and we believe that everyone within the company should experience that first-hand.
Pachyderm is just a small team right now, so you'd be getting in right at the ground floor and have an enormous impact on the success and direction of the company and product. You can of course check out the product on GitHub.
We offer significant equity, full benefits, and all the usual startup perks.
- 4+ years of experience building, maintaining, and automating distributed systems, data infrastructure, back-end systems or related infrastructure.
- Expertise running and managing Kubernetes and Docker in one or more cloud providers, preferably as part of an enterprise-class product related to storage, processing, networking and/or virtualization
- Expertise running and managing build, test, and release processes for 10+ person engineering orgs
- While it is a major plus, experience with Golang is not a strict requirement. Programming languages are just part of your arsenal and we’ve found that great engineers have no problem learning new tools.
- Must have strong communication skills when talking about technical concepts. Our interview process strongly tests for communication as we have a very collaborative work environment where many parts of the codebase interact in complex ways.