Sales Development Representative
San Francisco Bay Area
At Pachyderm, we're building an open-source enterprise-grade data science platform that lets you deploy and manage multi-stage, language-agnostic data pipelines while maintaining complete reproducibility and provenance. If you want to learn more about our grand vision, read what has become our "manifesto."
Pachyderm is looking for people who are personally motivated to pursue a career in sales, who uniquely possess both grit and a growth mindset. In this role, you’ll be responsible for qualifying leads at the initial stages in the sales funnel, researching potential clients, connecting with and educating prospects, and qualifying leads before handing them off to the Account Executives.
This is a major opportunity to work on Pachyderm's first ever dedicated Sales Development team. Most of the playbook is in place so you’ll be set up for success, but you will also have significant opportunity to iterate and improve on it. The compensation plan for this role is generous because you’ll be expected to do your sales development work and help to refine our small team’s processes. This role will make a big-time impact on our growth as we scale.
Pachyderm is just a small team right now, so you'd be getting in right at the ground floor and have an enormous impact on the success and direction of the company, product, and sales process.
We offer significant equity, full benefits, and all the usual startup perks.
- Create potential opportunities from prospecting and marketing-generated leads
- Cultivating open source users into Enterprise (Paid) Opportunities
- Brainstorm, research, and evaluate new sales sources and channels
- Collaborate closely with Marketing, Sales, and Founders to plan and implement a strategic outreach plan
- Develop and implement best practices for growing Pachyderm customer base and strategic partnerships
- Create new business by aggressively finding and qualifying leads for our sales team
- Interface and nurture leads through various outbound channels including cold-calls, email, and social media
- Work closely with Product, Marketing and Engineering teams to drive business strategy.
- Be ready to continuously learn and grind through anything.
- 1-3 years of experience in SDR or BDR role
- Strong understanding of SDR and lead development best practices and procedures
- Ability to connect and develop strong client relationships
- Desire to help build a world-class sales organization
- Willingness to take ownership and execute
- Strong communication skills and excellent organizational ability
What's in it for you?
- Ownership and phenomenal career trajectory
- Startup experience with high-stakes
- Unlimited PTO, within reason :)
- Management that will do everything to make it happen for you
- Team retreats, meals, and phenomenal colleagues
- Full benefits
- Pachyderm equity (this is big)