Head of Customer Success
New York City, NY
Sales – Business Growth /
PackageX is revolutionizing the logistics industry with the world's first API First Logistics Cloud. PackageX empowers retail and commercial enterprises to achieve unprecedented success by delivering unparalleled developer experiences, workflow improvements, customer loyalty, and profitability through its logistics APIs, apps, and other cloud components.
Our vision is to build the most advanced logistics infrastructure company that orchestrates the movement of physical things and becomes the defining backbone of the digital supply chain.
We're a fast-growing pre-Series A stage startup in New York City with a distributed global team backed by Bullpen Capital, Pritzker Group, Sierra Ventures, Ludlow Ventures, MXV Capital, and NSV Wolf Capital.
What we are looking for
We are looking for an individual who fully understands customer success and account management with a knack to build and grow trusted relationships with customers from first contract sign-off to onboarding, implementation, adoption, engagement, renewals, and expansions. As our first Customer Success team member, this individual will collaborate closely with Sales leadership to build out CS processes and playbooks, and onboard our most strategic clients.
The successful candidate should love understanding and selling technology platforms and make data-driven decisions by owning a set of qualitative and quantitative goals, including timely implementation support, product and platform adoption, expanded relationships, cross/up-sell motion, and renewals. You will develop deep and collaborative, multi-pronged strategies demonstrating the value of our platform and business every step of the way and be a single point of contact for customer communication and expectation management. Reporting to our SVP, Sales and Success, this role will be a player/coach for the first 6 months beginning with one direct report before scaling a team.
Ideally, this individual will be based in NYC coming to our NY HQ on a hybrid schedule. However, we are open to fully remote individuals within the U.S. as well.
About the role
- Build rapport and expand customer account relationships within and across various functions to drive additional cross/up-sell opportunities.
- Partner with new sales counterparts to complete account plans to ensure renewal and expansion opportunities are identified, forecasted, and actioned efficiently while taking complete ownership of expansion targets.
- Own and report on renewals, churn, and expansion revenues.
- Provide product support and resolve customer and internal escalations in a timely manner.
- Regularly track and report on customer success and account management metrics to leadership.
- Work closely with product and engineering teams during the implementation phase to ensure all required activities stay on track while maintaining ownership of the implementation and onboarding.
- Develop required training material in partnership with marketing and product teams.
- Review customer support tickets and work closely with the customer support team to ensure customer tickets are resolved in a timely manner.
- Develop and improve customer success processes and strategies based on customer feedback and data insights.
- Oversee the post-sales customer lifecycle to proactively drive platform adoption, engagement, and utilization, leading to the highest level of customer satisfaction and retention.
- Prepare and run strategic initiatives for quarterly customer account reviews, automated reporting, and insights.
- Use data and insights to track customer health, and forecast and mitigate the risk of churn.
- Interact on a regular basis with assigned existing and new customers to answer questions, address concerns, and understand their unique business challenges.
- Own and report on platform adoption, engagement, and CSAT/NPS
We are looking for someone who has:
- 7+ years of experience at a SaaS company managing customer success and account management for Enterprise customers.
- 3+ years of leadership experience
- A proven record of driving measurable customer outcomes and success within matrix customer organizations.
- Mastered multitasker and can juggle multiple accounts simultaneously with outstanding attention to detail and a background of taking initiative.
- Excitement and passion for working in a fast-paced environment and having strong project management and communication skills.
- Superb relationship-building and management skillset with all levels of an organization (Managers, Directors, VP, C-suite).
- Strong skills in articulating the value proposition of a technology platform to meet customer needs.
- Ability to collaborate cohesively with both technical and business teams.
- Good understanding of APIs selling, utilization, and penetration.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, empathy, and adaptability, fostering positive relationships in both individual and team settings
- A start-up mindset with willingness to wear multiple hats and roll-up your sleeves.
- Knowledge of eCommerce/Retail, Manufacturing, and Commercial Real Estate is a big plus.
$140,000 - $190,000 a year
In addition to other forms of compensation like perks, benefits, and stock options, the salary range for this position is $140,000 - $190,000 USD per year On Target Earnings (OTE). The final offer will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skillset, experience, and geographic location.
Other perks and benefits include:
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401(k) plan participation
- Monthly lifestyle allowance to help focus on your wellbeing
- Reimbursements for home office setup, cell/data plan, meal delivery pass
- Generous PTO including annual leaves, personal and sick days and birthday off
What can you expect from the application process?
All applications will be reviewed by the People team who will reach out to shortlisted candidates. Across various interview rounds you'll speak with hiring manager, other functional heads and with our CEO. We want to have an open discussion about your work and how we can be a great fit for each other. The process may also involve an assessment or presentation relevant to the role. All offers are subject to satisfactory reference and background checks.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, genetics, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.