New York City, NY
Product Management – Design /
PackageX is revolutionizing the logistics industry with the world's first API First Logistics Cloud. PackageX empowers retail and commercial enterprises to achieve unprecedented success by delivering unparalleled developer experiences, workflow improvements, customer loyalty, and profitability through its logistics APIs, apps, and other cloud components.
Our vision is to build the most advanced logistics infrastructure company that orchestrates the movement of physical things and becomes the defining backbone of the digital supply chain.
We're a fast-growing pre-Series A stage startup in New York City with a distributed global team backed by Bullpen Capital, Pritzker Group, Sierra Ventures, Ludlow Ventures, MXV Capital, and NSV Wolf Capital.
About the role
We are seeking a skilled UI/UX Designer to join our growing team. The successful candidate will design new mobile and web applications for the company and revise or expand any existing services. Reporting to our Head of Product, this individual will partner closely with Product Managers and our development team to ensure the accessibility and usability of our applications.
Ideally, this individual will be based in NYC coming to our NYHQ on a hybrid schedule. However, we are open to remote individuals as well.
What You’ll Do:
- Build and own our mobile and web design, interfaces, and experiences
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Developers to understand user requirements and create design solutions that meet those needs
- Conduct user research to gain insights into user behavior, preferences, and pain points
- Develop wireframes, prototypes, and other design artifacts that effectively communicate design concepts and interaction flows
- Create visually appealing, functional, and user-friendly interfaces that adhere to brand guidelines and design standards
- Conduct usability testing to evaluate the effectiveness of design solutions and make improvements based on feedback
- Stay up-to-date with emerging design trends and technologies to continually improve the user experience
- Advocate for the user throughout the design process, ensuring that user needs are at the forefront of design decisions
- Work with stakeholders to prioritize design solutions based on user needs, technical feasibility, and business goals
- Communicate design solutions effectively to stakeholders at all levels of the organization
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years of professional experience in a B2B SaaS environment
- Strong portfolio demonstrating previous work in user-centered design, including examples of B2B SaaS projects
- Design thinking methodology to solve complex user problems
- Solid understanding of user research, information architecture, and usability principles
- Experience applying best-practice UI/UX design skills to create wire-frames and interactive prototypes that effectively communicate interaction and design concepts
- Proficiency with Figma
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to present and justify decisions to cross-functional team
- Proven ability and success to work in a fast-paced, agile development environment, and adapt to changing priorities
- A strong passion for cross-team collaboration and staying up-to-date with industry trends and best practice
Other perks and benefits include:
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401(k) plan participation
- Monthly lifestyle allowance to help focus on your wellbeing
- Reimbursements for home office setup, cell/data plan, meal delivery pass
- Generous PTO including annual leaves, personal and sick days and birthday off
$120,000 - $140,000 a year
In addition to other forms of compensation like perks, benefits, and stock options, the salary range for this position is $120,000 - $140,000 USD per year. The final offer will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skillset, experience, and geographic location.
What can you expect from the application process?
All applications will be reviewed by the People team who will reach out to shortlisted candidates. Across various interview rounds you'll speak with hiring manager, other functional heads and with our CEO. We want to have an open discussion about your work and how we can be a great fit for each other. The process may also involve an assessment or presentation relevant to the role. All offers are subject to satisfactory reference and background checks.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, genetics, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.