Product Management – Design /
Full Time /
PackageX is revolutionizing the logistics industry with the world's first API First Logistics Cloud. PackageX empowers retail and commercial enterprises to achieve unprecedented success by delivering unparalleled developer experiences, workflow improvements, customer loyalty, and profitability through its logistics APIs, apps, and other cloud components.
Our vision is to build the most advanced logistics infrastructure company that orchestrates the movement of physical things and becomes the defining backbone of the digital supply chain.
We're a fast-growing Pre-Series A startup in New York City with a distributed global team backed by Bullpen Capital, Pritzker Group, Sierra Ventures, Ludlow Ventures, MXV Capital, and NSV Wolf Capital.
What we are looking for
We are seeking a user experience UI/UX designer able to understand our business requirements to join our design team. Your primary role will be to research and design usable interfaces, perform usability testing, and create prototypes to validate design concepts. The ideal candidate will use this information to help us create the best user experience possible for our web app and mobile applications. Most days you'll work closely with the development team, product owners, and project leads to ensure the accessibility and usability of our apps.
· Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
· Facilitate the product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping, and user-testing experiences for our mobile and web apps.
· Collaborate with product managers and developers to understand user requirements and create design solutions that meet those needs.
· Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
· Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
· Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
· Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
· Conduct user research to gain insights into user behavior, preferences, and pain points.
· Create visually appealing, functional, and user-friendly interfaces that adhere to brand guidelines and design standards.
· Conduct usability testing to evaluate the effectiveness of design solutions and make improvements based on feedback.
· Collaborate with front-end developers to ensure design solutions are implemented correctly.
· Stay up-to-date with emerging design trends and technologies to continually improve the user experience.
· Advocate for the user throughout the design process, ensuring that user needs are at the forefront of design decisions.
· Work with stakeholders to prioritize design solutions based on user needs, technical feasibility, and business goals.
· Communicate design solutions effectively to stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
We are looking for someone who has:
· 5+ years of experience working in a similar position.
· Online portfolio demonstrating user-centered UX/UI Mobile/Web-based design skills (layout, hierarchy, typography, color theory, ADA compliance, patterns), and clear online development concepts.
· Design thinking methodology to solve complex user problems.
· Understanding of UX design and how it differs from UI design.
· Ability to apply best-practice UX/UI design skills to create wireframes and interactive prototypes that effectively communicate interaction and design concepts.
· Proficiency with design tools and techniques including Figma, Sketch, Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop.
· Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams.
· Ability to work closely with developers and provide any assets or detailed design documents necessary to implement the designs.
· Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge of the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
· Working knowledge of HTML/CSS is a plus.
What can you expect from the application process?
All applications will be looked at by the People team who will reach out to shortlisted candidates. Across various interview rounds, you'll speak with the hiring manager and other functional heads. We want to have an open discussion about your work and how we can be a great fit for each other. The process may also involve an assessment or presentation relevant to the role. You can expect an offer after three rounds of interviews. All offers are subject to satisfactory reference and background checks.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, genetics, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.