Technical Implementation Manager
Here's your chance to be one of the first employees in a start-up that aspires to dominate the way how global businesses make agreements. Pactum is an AI system that is automatically performing repetitive commercial negotiations on a massive scale. It helps to find win-win contract terms between our clients and their vendors and therefore creates value out of thin air.
Pactum is a rapidly growing startup automating negotiations at scale. Today, we are automating the process of arriving at mutually favorable outcomes for Fortune 500 companies like Walmart as well as their vendors. As one of the first Technical Implementation Managers on the team, you’ll solve complex negotiation challenges for Fortune 500 customers and help us deliver on our longer term vision: a “negotiation engine” backed by real-world data that can be deployed in a wide variety of situations.
Our Product organization is growing and looking for a world-class Technical Implementation Manager to join our team. You will be the connecting force that utilizes our product’s capabilities to solve our customer’s negotiation needs. This is a very unique role, where you will combine negotiation theory, technical ability, analytical thinking and business acumen to create value for our Fortune 500 customers and beyond. This position will report directly into the VP of Product and work very closely with the Engineering and Program Management teams as well as other Product Managers.
Your core responsibilities will include a mix of the following:
- Use our product to deliver high-quality automated negotiations for our customers
- Coordinate the work of our negotiation engineering team to ensure that negotiation flows are delivered on the agreed timeframe
- Gather customer requirements while educating them on negotiation best practices
- Develop data structures that create a “contract space” ie the possible negotiation outcomes in a scenario across multiple parameters
- Develop data models for measuring and displaying the results of negotiations so they can be monitored and iterated upon
- Demonstrate working prototypes or fully functional solutions to customers, gathering feedback and objections - and be comfortable going back and forth between the two as you find the best solution
- Contribute to building our internal knowledge base on negotiation tactics and when to use themInfluence customers to think differently about problems and solutions
- Shape the future of the product, team and solutions - as one of the founding Technical Implementation Managers, you will pave the way for what Pactum builds next.
You are likely to succeed if you are...
- Genuinely motivated to work on a product that helps solve the world of negotiations
- You are self-sufficient. You don’t wait for someone to tell you what to do - you are comfortable with figuring out what problems are worth solving and how to solve them.
- You are good at building relationships with customers as well as internal stakeholders
- Comfortable with constant change
- Have a continuous improvement mindset - you want to make every project more successful than the last
Required Skills and Experience
- Formal training in computer science, so you understand elements of computation and data structures
- Ability to be an internal champion to Product, Engineering and Sales teams for the customer’s needs
- Scrappy and quick - you understand and can demonstrate the ability to move quickly to respond to incoming requests
Why should you join Pactum?
- We are opening a completely new market
- Our clients are Fortune 500 companies and we build things that matter. We already started working with the world's largest company Walmart (read more from Fortune and Forbes)
- The founding team is well-known for their proven track-record: CTO Kristjan for leading AI in Starship Technologies, CPO Kaspar for founding e-Residency, CEO Martin for his successful exit from VitalFields that he co-founded
- We have the best angel investors in Europe (read more about it from Fortune) who have collectively invested $1.15 million in pre-seed funding into Pactum: Jaan Tallinn (co-founder of Skype), Taavet Hinrikus (co-founder of TransferWise), Ott Kaukver (CTO of Twilio), Sten Tamkivi (ex-CPO of Topia)
- In addition to that, we have raised $3 million from Berlin-based VC Fund Project A and DocuSign and $11M Series A led by Atomico
- We have filed a patent
- We empower Pactum employees to be individual and charismatic. Instead of one face representing the company - psychologists, software engineers, academics and other professionals are encouraged to shine in this new domain of business
- We are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on gender, sexuality, race, color, disability or any other legally protected status
- You will get a competitive salary, health and other benefits, and early-stage company stock options
So, what do you say? Ready for the challenge?
Even if your CV doesn’t match all the items on our job description, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.