We’re looking for a generalist to join us as a Negotiation Engineer – a new role defining a new industry. In this role, you are able to define the future of automated negotiations and work alongside the most well-known global brands. We are on an exciting journey as we just raised $11million in our series A funding round. We are still figuring a lot of things out and we hope this attracts you.
Your core responsibilities will include a mix of the following:
- Implement negotiations that contain flow architecture, programming, contract space (tradable terms), value function (value of terms), acceptance & decline limits, and needed output variables
- Take responsibility for testing, quality assurance, and deployment of the negotiation templates
- Map out data requirements for the negotiation flows and understand clients’ needs and data
- Support Pactum for the whole onboarding cycle of existing and new clients
- Help to improve the tools and processes related to negotiation design and validation
- Improving the negotiation - either through data, A/B testings, interviews, etc, you will choose your path to success
- In heavy development phases, up to 4 hours of overlap with US time-zone
You are likely to succeed if you are...
- Genuinely motivated to work on a product that helps solve the world of negotiations
- Able to work independently, even more, you thrive in an environment where you are encouraged to make your own decisions
- Comfortable with constant change
Required skills and experience:
- You feel comfortable with simple mathematics and finance
- You are a very strong communicator and can easily work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Your written English is decent
Why should you join Pactum?
- We are opening a completely new market
- Our clients are Fortune 500 companies and we build things that matter. We already started working with the world's largest company Walmart (read more from Fortune and Forbes)
- The founding team is well-known for their proven track-record: CTO Kristjan for leading AI in Starship Technologies, CPO Kaspar for founding e-Residency, CEO Martin for his successful exit from VitalFields that he co-founded
- We have the best angel investors in Europe (read more about it from Fortune) who have collectively invested $1.15 million in pre-seed funding into Pactum: Jaan Tallinn (co-founder of Skype), Taavet Hinrikus (co-founder of TransferWise), Ott Kaukver (CTO of Twilio), Sten Tamkivi (ex-CPO of Topia)
- In addition to that, we have raised $3 million from Berlin-based VC Fund Project A and DocuSign and $11M Series A led by Atomico
- We have filed a patent
- We empower Pactum employees to be individual and charismatic. Instead of one face representing the company - psychologists, software engineers, academics and other professionals are encouraged to shine in this new domain of business
- We are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on gender, sexuality, race, color, disability or any other legally protected status
- You will get a competitive salary, plus early-stage company stock options.
- We have flexible-working time.
- Ridiculously nice work time policy (Decide to take a week off from tomorrow? Or work a month from New Zealand? No problem.)