Here's your chance to be one of the first employees in a start-up that aspires to dominate the way how global businesses make agreements. Pactum is an AI system that is automatically performing repetitive commercial negotiations on a massive scale. It helps to find win-win contract terms between our clients and their vendors and therefore creates value out of thin air.
Pactum is a rapidly growing startup automating negotiations at scale. Today, we are automating the process of arriving at mutually favorable outcomes for Fortune 500 companies like Walmart as well as their vendors. As one of the first Product Managers on the team, you’ll solve complex negotiation challenges for Fortune 500 customers and help us deliver on our longer term vision: a “negotiation engine” backed by real-world data that can be deployed in a wide variety of situations.
Our Product and Sales organizations are growing and looking for a world-class Solution Consultant to join our team. As the founding SC, you’ll play a critical role in exploring and developing value for new customers of Pactum. You will be the connecting force between our product and capabilities and customer needs. Using your technical abilities and business acumen, you will demonstrate how Pactum can create value for Fortune 500 customers and beyond. This position will report directly into the VP of Product and work very closely with the Head of Sales and the Sales team.
Your core responsibilities will include a mix of the following:
- Write code to develop and present working prototypes based on our core offering
- Demonstrate (with working prototypes, where appropriate) how Pactum can deliver value to customers.
- Develop a strong understanding of Pactum’s capabilities and human capital.
- Earn customer trust by developing a deep understanding of their processes, problems and people.
- Influence executives to think differently about problems and solutionsBuild compelling business cases that make the best use of Pactum’s core competencies to delight customers.
- Sell customers on our solution and vision for the future.
- Shape the future of the product, team and solutions - as a founding member, you will pave the way for how Pactum sells and what Pactum builds.
You are likely to succeed if you are...
- Genuinely motivated to work on a product that helps solve the world of negotiations
- You are self-sufficient.
- You don’t wait for someone to tell you what to do - you are comfortable with figuring out what problems are worth solving and how to solve them.
- You are good at building business relationships with various stakeholders from some of the biggest companies in the world.
- Comfortable with constant change
Required Skills and Experience
- Proven track record of sales engineering or solution consulting experience in an Enterprise business, ideally with experience in one or more of: Supply Chain, Logistics, or Procurement.
- Strong presentation skills - you can put together compelling narratives in a short span of time.
- Ability to be an internal champion to Product, Engineering and Sales teams for the customer’s needs
- Scrappy and quick - you understand and can demonstrate the ability to move quickly to respond to incoming requests
- Experience in the procurement industry is a huge plus
- Experience as an accountant in the past is also a huge plus, but not required
Why should you join Pactum?
- We are opening a completely new market
- Our clients are Fortune 500 companies and we build things that matter. We already started working with the world's largest company Walmart (read more from Fortune and Forbes)
- The founding team is well-known for their proven track-record: CTO Kristjan for leading AI in Starship Technologies, CPO Kaspar for founding e-Residency, CEO Martin for his successful exit from VitalFields that he co-founded
- We have the best angel investors in Europe (read more about it from Fortune) who have collectively invested $1.15 million in pre-seed funding into Pactum: Jaan Tallinn (co-founder of Skype), Taavet Hinrikus (co-founder of TransferWise), Ott Kaukver (CTO of Twilio), Sten Tamkivi (ex-CPO of Topia)
- In addition to that, we have raised $3 million from Berlin-based VC Fund Project A and DocuSign and $11M Series A led by Atomico
- We empower Pactum employees to be individual and charismatic. Instead of one face representing the company - psychologists, software engineers, academics and other professionals are encouraged to shine in this new domain of business
- We are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on gender, sexuality, race, color, disability or any other legally protected status
- You will get a competitive salary, health and other benefits, and early-stage company stock options
So, what do you say? Ready for the challenge?
Even if your CV doesn’t match all the items on our job description, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.