Head of Talent Acquisition
People Team – Recruiting
At PagerDuty, we believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values - Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself - serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture. Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, participating in our monthly Hackdays, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty bands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
Why We Need You
PagerDuty is looking for a Head of Talent Acquisition to lead our global TA organization as we grow from 600 to over 1000 in the next few years. In this role you will build and implement a global Talent Acquisition strategy, in harmony with our People and Inclusion, Diversity and Equity strategy, to meet our growth objectives and business needs, ensuring an extraordinary candidate experience that scales. As a senior member of PagerDuty's People Leadership Team, your focus will be on attracting, assessing, and selecting high-quality, diverse talent that makes an impact from day one. Reporting to the Head of People, you will have 2-3 direct reports and lead a growing, distributed team of 15+.
How You Impact Our Vision
- Lead and elevate all aspects of worldwide Talent Acquisition including delivery, operations, recruitment brand, internship and diversity recruitment programs to position PagerDuty as a global employer of choice
- Build a data-driven and technology enabled TA organization that continuously improves productivity, quality, candidate experience, and provides key insights to guide the hiring needs of PagerDuty as we grow globally
- Understand global talent market trends, partner with compensation to ensure we remain competitive and are able to attract talent long term
- Lead, mentor and coach a virtual recruiting team and establish a top of class internal team culture
- Serve as a partner to leaders at all levels globally to deliver the long term recruiting strategy while ensuring the hiring needs of the company are met
- Scaled a global, B2B cloud computing company from 600 people (PD today) to over 1000 in 2-3 years
- Hired in high growth, high volume companies, with preferred experience in software development and/or SaaS sales hiring
- Agile, creative, able to think “big picture” and also willing to roll up your sleeves to support the growth of the company
- Focuses on high impact work that makes a real difference to our hiring goals
- Experience in workforce planning, forecasting and ensuring appropriate resource plans for the recruiting function
- Experience with diversity recruitment programs and employment brand
- Real passion for people management, coaching, and developing high performing recruiting teams
- Executive presence, facilitation skills, and the ability to influence at all levels
- Minimum of 10+ years of global talent acquisition and management experience in both public and private companies, including real world experience in North America, EMEA and APAC
- Have built a high functioning recruiting team globally in a fast-growth environment
Competitive salaries and company equity
Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family
401K with 1% match
Pre-tax commuter benefits, FSA, cell phone allowance and more!
Generous parental leave
Paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to 12 paid holidays and ample sick leave
Paid employee Volunteer Time - 20 hours per year
Monthly company wide hack days
Catered lunch daily plus breakfast on Wednesdays, and plenty of snacks and drinks
Convenient office location in SoMa tech hub – accessible by BART, Muni and CalTrain
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
To all recruitment agencies: PagerDuty does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PagerDuty employees or any other company location. PagerDuty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.