Community Engagement Program Manager
Office of CTO – Office of the CTO/Community
At PagerDuty, we believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values - Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself - serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture. Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, participating in our monthly Hackdays, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty bands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
Why We Need You
As our Community Engagement Program Manager, you are responsible for growing a healthy community and creating a deeper engagement between members and PagerDuty. Reporting to the Head of Community, you will be our subject matter expert for all things involving community interaction.
You will develop and manage programs that generates community activity by members through a new community recognition program, by delivering content across a variety of channels (forums, social media, events), and by launching programs to enlist and inspire your colleagues to connect directly with members. This is a cross-functional position in the organization and will require working closely with counterparts on other teams to drive complex programs and projects forward
How you Impact Our Vision
- Generate content and “market” to our community - developers require a level of nuance to how they are approached and with what message. You'll succeed in this role if you understand what does/doesn't work with them and know how to effectively connect with them. You will need to be comfortable writing and editing content and will work with teammates to ensure our resources get in front of the right audience in the right way.
- Manage Community Recognition Programs - launch and manage our community recognition program (launching Q4/Q1), develop community influencer outreach
- Manage community integration into on-boarding flow for new customers - work with Sales / Success teams to develop a program that ensures new customers are invited and welcomed into the community.
- Build programs that encourages employee generation and participation in community forums and external forums - create internal resources to promote general awareness around how to engage with the community on the forums, identify opportunities to build community into other team’s workflows.
- Serve as our “Community Concierge” - respond to requests from colleagues about how to best engage with the community and keep an eye out for trends and opportunities to bring to colleagues.
- Oversee and moderate PagerDuty Community Forums - ensuring code of conduct is enforced, moderate inappropriate posts, set architecture and coordinate with technical colleagues for any framework updates that need support
- 3+ years in a marketing, communications, or community engagement role
- 3+ years program management experience
- 3+ years creating, editing and publishing content
- 3+ years working in a SaaS or technology organization
- BA/BS degree from an accredited four-year college or university or equivalent experience
- Experience working with SaaS, technical, or open source communities
- Experience working with Discourse, Google Suite, Salesforce, and Looker are a plus
- Experience utilizing a project management tool - our team uses Jira
Key skills and attributes
- Project management- experience with moving projects through cross-functional team of contributors, building project scopes and timelines and keeping projects on track.
- Content creator - experience creating content for a technical audience - written content is required, videos / podcasts / design is a bonus.
- Entrepreneurial - experience identifying new opportunities and take half-baked ideas and turn them into something great.
- Results-oriented - experience measuring the team’s impact, experiment and iterate, so measuring and analyzing your work will be key.
- Remote friendly colleague - much of our Community & Advocacy team is distributed so being comfortable with remote collaboration is a must!
Competitive salaries and company equity
Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family, cell phone allowance and more
Generous parental leave
Monthly company wide hack days
Paid employee Volunteer Time - 20 hours per year
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
To all recruitment agencies: PagerDuty does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PagerDuty employees or any other company location. PagerDuty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.