Senior Program Manager, Global Social Impact
Social Impact – Social Impact
At PagerDuty, we believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values - Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself - serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture. Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, participating in our monthly Hackdays, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty bands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
We believe that technology can transform how we work and how we do good. PagerDuty.org is our corporate social impact initiative that directs PagerDuty’s most valuable assets - our people, technology and company resources to mission driven organizations around the world. We are proud to be part of the Pledge 1% movement and the next generation of companies to make giving back core to our business.
The Senior Program Manager, Global Social Impact will play a critical role in designing, implementing and scaling our global employee and community impact programs. You'll have direct experience in social impact, multi-sector, program development and an entrepreneurial bent. This is a chance to build from the ground up and be a part of PagerDuty’s creative and growing social impact team as we shape PagerDuty’s unique opportunity to deliver impact.
How You Impact Our Vision
- Employee Impact Programs
- Be a champion for social good inside PagerDuty’s culture; educate PagerDuty’s global employees on important community issues and connect them to opportunities to give back
- Build programs and regular cadence for volunteering opportunities that engage global employees in meaningful community impact while also supporting business objectives; directly manage volunteer events overseeing all details, coordinating with nonprofit partners and owning outcomes
- Build programs to engage employees in company-supported charitable giving; build and manage the annual charitable giving budget
- Lead PagerDuty.org global employee volunteer committee and drive structure, engagement, and outcomes from the group; identify and develop employee social impact champions
- Manage employee engagement platform including vendor relationship, content management, donation approvals, and reporting
- Community Engagement
- Work with local nonprofit organizations to identify community needs and define opportunities for PagerDuty employees to meaningfully give back through volunteerism and charitable giving
- Support development and management of fun, engaging community impact initiatives tied to PagerDuty global external events, including our (global customer conference), company kickoff and other regional events
- Identify innovative ways to tie PagerDuty’s employee impact efforts to nonprofit customers and issues relevant to nonprofits and technology
- Participate in industry working groups and membership organizations to stay close to relevant community issues in the SF Bay Area, PagerDuty’s global communities and in the tech-for-good space
- Marketing & Communications
- Collaborate with PagerDuty Marketing and Communications team to ensure PagerDuty.org is a consistent thread highlighted on external channels (events, corporate website, corporate blog, social media)
- Own and manage PagerDuty.org internal comms channels, event calendar and employee-facing tools (e.g. Confluence wiki, Slack)
- A passion for creating and sustaining connections between business, employees and the community; a desire to build, and a passion to continuously improve
- Ability to bring people together around a common goal and lead by influence
- Resilient and able to adapt to significant change and challenges
- An extraordinary customer service commitment for internal and external partners
- An excellent reputation for integrity and judgment
- At least 4-6 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience in one or more of these key disciplines: volunteer management, employee engagement, program development, partnership management, community relations, corporate social impact, philanthropy
- Strong quantitative skills and the ability to correlate data to produce actionable insights
- Knowledge of and experience with the nonprofit sector, particularly vetting and grantmaking requirements and best practices
- Can execute programs with impeccable attention to detail
- Prior experience in a mission-driven organization or corporate social responsibility/corporate social impact role
- Ability to work across cultures and with diverse communities, including across global time zones
- Ability to see the underlying cause and impact of challenges and problem-solve solutions
- Employs an empathetic and customer-centric approach
Competitive salaries and company equity
Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family
401K, pre-tax commuter benefits, corporate discounts, cell phone allowance and more!
Generous parental leave, paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to 12 paid holidays and ample sick leave
Paid employee Volunteer Time - 20 hours per year
Monthly company wide hack days
Catered lunch daily plus breakfast on Wednesdays, and plenty of snacks and drinks
Convenient office location in SoMa tech hub – accessible by BART, Muni and CalTrain
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
To all recruitment agencies: PagerDuty does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PagerDuty employees or any other company location. PagerDuty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.