Technical Revenue Manager
Remote US/Canada /
Finance – Finance /
PagerDuty is interviewing, onboarding, and working 100% virtually at this time. As we look to the future, we plan to be ‘distributed by design’, meaning unless your job requirements make it necessary to be in a PagerDuty office, you may choose to work in-office, remotely, or hybrid. We’re focused on inclusion and employee well-being by building a culture that isn’t location specific, and gives equal opportunity to everyone—regardless of where you are working.
PagerDuty is a digital operations management platform that empowers the right action, when seconds matter.
For the teams who build and run digital systems, PagerDuty is the best way to manage the urgent, mission-critical work that is essential to keeping digital services always on. We make it easy to handle any unplanned task, event, or opportunity, right away.
We’re growing fast and looking for ambitious people who share our values and customer devotion mindset to join our high caliber team.
PagerDuty is seeking a Technical Revenue Manager to join our growing team.
How You Impact Our Vision
- Provide technical accounting guidance to various PagerDuty stakeholders across the company to ensure accurate accounting, reporting and disclosure of PagerDuty’s financials
- Assist in the review of revenue disclosures for external financial reporting, including 10Q's, 10K's and 8K's and assist in ensuring compliance with SEC and GAAP reporting requirements.
- Assist with review of journal entries and month-end reconciliations
- Work with the cross-functional stakeholders to provide revenue assessment in the new pricing models and/or new product introduction.
- Provide technical accounting assistance with special projects.
- Assist with mergers and acquisitions including due diligence, deferred revenue valuation and integration.
- Manage the process of maintaining Corporate Revenue Accounting Policies including regular updates of those policies.
- Prepare and present technical accounting updates to the finance organization as needed.
- Prepare data and other support information requests as needed for audits and reviews conducted by external auditors.
- Ensure Sarbanes-Oxley requirements are met for relevant areas.
- Assist with other projects as necessary.
- Review revenue related contracts and apply revenue recognition guidelines and document the assessment in contract memorandums.
- Operate in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate project management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to understand and articulate multiple points of view
- Demonstrated experience thinking strategically about issues, leading to recommendations and action plans
- Experience assessing accounting implications of new products, including preparing technical analyses and advising on operationalizing the technical accounting conclusions
- Self-motivated, strong work ethics and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Detail-oriented, and experience multitasking and prioritizing to deliver impact in fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills, including the ability to research accounting literature and simplify complex situations
- BA/BS in Accounting or related field Required
- CPA Required
- 6+ years of relevant experience including Big 4 public accounting firm experience
- Expert knowledge of US GAAP and specifically of ASC 606 and ASC 340-40
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Program)
- Retirement plan with company match
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- Company paid parental leave - up to 22 weeks for pregnant parent, up to 12 weeks for non-pregnant parent
- Paid vacation time - 3 weeks accruing in first year, 4 weeks accruing every year after
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Paid employee volunteer time - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company-wide hack weeks
- Mental wellness programs
PagerDuty, Inc. (NYSE:PD) is a leader in digital operations management, serving over 13,800 customers and 700,000 users in 90 countries, including 60% of the Fortune 100. Led by CEO Jennifer Tejada, 50% of our board of directors is comprised of women, 45% of our managers are from underrepresented groups, and we are a proud member of the Pledge 1% Movement, committed to donating 1% Equity, 1% Employee time, and 1% Product to accelerate change in our communities.
At PagerDuty, we believe you do your best work in a culture that fosters inclusion, well-being, and innovation. As a Dutonian, you will have ample opportunities to advance your career and connect with colleagues: virtual all hands calls, learning & development programs, bi-annual hack weeks, volunteering events, ERGs (employee-run groups focused on cultivating a sense of belonging for all) - there’s something for everyone. Learn more on Instagram, @pagerdutylife.
From how we build our teams to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see yourself at PagerDuty.
PagerDuty is for people. Meaning, we extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
To all recruitment agencies: PagerDuty does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PagerDuty employees or any other company location. PagerDuty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.