Vice President of Product Marketing
Product Marketing – Product Marketing
At PagerDuty, we believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values - Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself - serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture. Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, participating in our monthly Hackdays, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty bands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
Our digital world is always on. Consumers expect it that way. It’s our mission to keep it that way. We’re hiring a Vice President of Product Marketing to play a pivotal role in how we help organizations of all sizes transform their digital operations. Why? Because behind every service, every app and every piece of infrastructure is a person … a live human being. They not only have to do their day job (e.g., develop software, ship software, manage teams, organizations and businesses) but also be available to take action and do real work if something goes horribly wrong or horribly right. PagerDuty is about empowering those teams to context switch to get work done in the micro seconds that matter.
Why We Need You
The Vice President of Product Marketing is responsible for creating an inspired marketing strategy, go to market plans and our product launches that speak to our customers. PagerDuty is loved and trusted by our community. We intend to keep it that way. You will represent the voice of our customer as we rapidly grow our presence both within Dev / IT leadership and across organizations with new use cases. Is it the biggest job you’ll ever love? You bet! Our customers are on the front lines in the most stressful roles imaginable. We don’t take this lightly nor should you as their “voice” within our organization. Additionally, this leadership position will establish and drive our marketing themes and value proposition for the PagerDuty platform. We are pioneering Digital Operations Management in a changing market. Therefore, this position demands a deep understanding of our market and competitive landscape so you can translate company goals into a clear marketing plan that differentiates us now and into the future.
How You Impact Our Vision
- Be the voice of the customer and operate in a trusted advisor capacity with Product Management, UX/Design & Sales Leadership to influence the product roadmap and establish a continuous feedback loop (encompassing market trends, customer needs, and competitive factors)
- Develop our marketing strategies and plans including building the value proposition and frameworks that will drive our product positioning
- Establish and develop our 12 month rolling marketing themes and initiatives based on what our customers need and what differentiates us in the market
- Be the front door to competitive knowledge within the company and continuously update key stakeholders across the company based on ongoing market shifts and analysis
- Establish KPI's for all of your team’s efforts and track performance to ensure marketing plans are delivering expected business outcomesWork seamlessly across departments to ensure the best outcome for the business
- You must be known for taking ownership of the outcomes through working with others and stay accountable to your actions
- Build, mentor, and inspire a world-class product marketing team, lead PMMs in developing go-to-market strategies across our platform and amplifying their impact
- A deep love of positioning and the written word. Why? ...because words matter (written or otherwise)
- Deep experience leading product marketing teams within B2C and B2B SaaS / tech companies. 10+ years of product marketing experience desired - consumer-facing product marketing experience is also a benefit
- Skillfully built, mentored and coached 10-20 person PMM organizations into a thoughtful, efficient, and quality team
- You should be an expert and empowering and instilling confidence in PMM teams
- Partnering with VP and C-level executives in driving business decision-making and product road mapping. Have an opinion and be willing to thoughtfully make your argument
- Well-versed in interpreting a company’s mission and priorities into a strategic and tactical Product Marketing plan. You’ll create and convey a distinct plan, goals, to both your teams, cross-functional partners and executive leaders
- Combines both internal user data and consumer insights to help map the product experience. You live and breathe the user experience, immerse yourself in user trends, research and live interactions. You complement all decisions with supportive analytics and test/measure performance
- You work seamlessly across departments to ensure the best outcome for the business. You're known for taking ownership of the outcomes through working with others and stay accountable to your actions
- BS in Marketing, Communications or equivalent. An MBA is preferred
Competitive salaries and company equity
Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family
401K with 1% match
Pre-tax commuter benefits, FSA, cell phone allowance and more!
Generous parental leave
Paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to 12 paid holidays and ample sick leave
Paid employee Volunteer Time - 20 hours per year
Monthly company wide hack days
Catered lunch daily plus breakfast on Wednesdays, and plenty of snacks and drinks
Convenient office location in SoMa tech hub – accessible by BART, Muni and CalTrain
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
To all recruitment agencies: PagerDuty does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PagerDuty employees or any other company location. PagerDuty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.