Solutions Consultant - Atlanta
Sales – Commercial Sales - NQC
At PagerDuty, we believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values - Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself - serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture. Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, participating in our monthly Hackdays, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty bands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
Are you a problem solver? Do you actively identify the potential roadblocks and provide thoughtful solutions? Are you excellent at running technical discovery processes and can clearly articulate how PagerDuty can positively impact an organization’s digital operations?
Do you understand how to make PagerDuty meaningful to each customer, commercial or enterprise? Then this is the right opportunity for you.
You are an extraordinary partner – to sales, to product, to your customers. You play the part of consultant, technical salesperson, technical guru, product specialist, and teacher, with a committed dedication to exceptional customer service. You build strong, significant, and compassionate relationships to internal and external partners, no matter their level.
You’ve got technical chops. You demonstrate a knowledge of IT monitoring tools or IT Operations. You run the technical discovery process and are capable of handling questions in an RFP, RFI and security questionnaires. You help customers design integrations to provide seamless implementation with their current technology stack.
You are an excellent and compelling communicator. You can break down complex technical concepts and explain them clearly to partners from business and technical backgrounds, from a DevOps engineer up to a C Level Executive. You have experience selling in the SaaS world and can articulate the business value of our solution.
You are excellent at multi-tasking, are self driven, and can work both independently and with a cross functional team. You have project management skills and account management experience. You come up to speed quickly, love to learn, have a strong working style and impeccable attention to detail.
How You Impact Our Vision
- Our Solutions Consultants are sales engineers that sit at the nexus between sales and customer experience and success. Whether it is helping understand the customer environments and potential technical landmines or supporting one of our over 300+ native integrations, you are fundamental to helping customers realize and optimize the PagerDuty’s awesome capabilities
- Please Note: This position will be based out of our Atlanta office
- 3+ years of sales experience directly working with account managers
- Bachelors degree or higher, preferably in a technical field
- Ability to do basic scripting (Java, php, Ruby, Perl) and fundamental knowledge of Linux
- Experience selling SaaS in a fierce environment
- Strong communication skills to build and manage relationships with new and existing clients, with a focus on growth
- Ability to travel to customer sites as necessary
- Understanding of monitoring systems such as New Relic, Nagios, Zenoss, Splunk, ServiceNow and Zabbix
- You know and understand our space (or you’re already a fan of our product!)
- Experienced in enterprise and commercial sales
Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity have been a part of our cultural values since day one. If you are interested in joining a creative company were you are pushed beyond your comfort-zone, both professionally and personally, then apply now!
Competitive salaries and company equity
Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family
401K with 1% match
Pre-tax commuter benefits, FSA, cell phone allowance and more!
Generous parental leave
Paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to 12 paid holidays and ample sick leave
Paid employee Volunteer Time - 20 hours per year
Monthly company wide hack days
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
To all recruitment agencies: PagerDuty does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PagerDuty employees or any other company location. PagerDuty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.