Forward Deployed Data Engineer - US Government
New York, NY /
A World-Changing Company
At Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.
Data Engineers at Palantir work directly with customers to quickly understand their greatest problems and design and implement solutions to use data against them. You will apply your problem solving ability, creativity, and technical skills to help organizations use their data to drive a real impact in the world. You’ll have the opportunity to gain rare insight into and contribute to some of the world’s most important industries and institutions. Every Palantirian is encouraged to play to their personal strengths, so there is no “one size fits all” approach to engineering at Palantir. The scope of this role is intentionally broad so that people can find their strengths and grow in a way that excites them.
- Identify relevant datasets through deep engagement with customer problems and workflows, and work to integrate the data into a stable and extensible pipeline.
- Build health metrics and automated alerts, fix bugs in pipelines and products, and develop and document strategies to support customer outcomes.
- Work with Deployment Strategists and Forward Deployed Software Engineers to understand the critical problems customers have and design data-driven workflows to solve them.
- Work with our Software Engineering teams to tackle workflow problems and resolve product issues.
What We Value
- A highly analytical mindset and eagerness to solve technical problems with distributed computing, data pipelining tools, data health and monitoring frameworks, and other technologies.
- Experience or interest in working with and using large scale data to solve valuable business problems.
- Proficiency with one or more large scale data technologies, such as Spark, Pandas, Databricks, or similar.
- Experience in the Data Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Software Engineering fields preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively in teams of technical and non-technical individuals.
- Active US Security clearance, or eligibility and willingness to obtain a US Security clearance.
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems. Palantir does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
Palantir is committed to making the job application process accessible to everyone. If you are living with a disability (visible or not visible) and need to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please reach out and let us know how we can help.