Full Stack Software Engineer - Foundry Core Platform
New York, NY /
A World-Changing Company
Palantir builds the world’s leading software for data-driven decisions and operations. By bringing the right data to the people who need it, our platforms empower our partners to develop lifesaving drugs, forecast supply chain disruptions, locate missing children, and more.
Full Stack Software Engineers at Palantir architect the interfaces that our customers use. We build software that helps our customers answer their most critical questions: what is causing the products we manufacture to fail? Are our traders engaging in risky activity? How do we ensure a stable supply chain of vaccines during a pandemic?
Our Product Development organization is made up of small teams of Software Engineers. Each team focuses on a specific aspect of a product. As a member of Foundry Core Platform, you will be working on one of the teams that build the developer tools and compute infrastructure at the heart of Foundry. The tools we develop enable technical users in Foundry to make the best of their data, develop operational applications, and operate production systems.
- Design and build capabilities that let users visualize and interact with their data to meet their analytical needs.
- Build product that helps Forward Deployed Software Engineers to deliver value for the customer quickly.
- Support data streaming in real time and bring value within the minutes instead of days.
- Understand what a customer is going through when they are trying to stream data, helping them to understand how our platform works when streaming the data.
- Have high ownership starting with a problem statement to finalized product.
- Get involved in all stages of the product development and deployment life-cycle: idea generation, user interviews, planning, design, prototyping, execution, shipping, and iteration.
- Build new products from the scratch with a freedom to choose your own stack.
Technologies We Use
- Typescript and React are central to our front-end development.
- Core Palantir products provide the foundations for our deployments.
- Blueprint as a re-usable front end component library.
- A combination of open-source and internal technologies that suit the problems at hand.
- Industry-standard build tooling, including Gradle, Webpack, and GitHub.
What We Value
- Full Stack Software Engineers are involved throughout the product life-cycle, from idea generation, design, and prototyping to execution, and shipping. You will work closely with technical and non-technical counterparts to understand our customers' problems and build products that tackle them. We encourage movement among teams to share context, skills, and experience, so you'll learn about many different aspects of each product.
- Active US Security clearance, or eligibility and willingness to obtain a US Security clearance is beneficial but not necessary.
What We Require
- Strong engineering background in fields such as Computer Science, Mathematics and Physics.
- Passion about building user interfaces that enable users to tackle their problems.
- Familiarity with data structures, storage systems, cloud infrastructure, front-end frameworks, and other tools.
- Understanding how technical decisions impact our users.
- Ability to write clean, effective code and learn new languages and technologies quickly.
Our benefits aim to promote health and wellbeing across all areas of Palantirians’ lives. We work to continuously improve our offerings and listen to our community as we design and update them. The list below details our available benefits and some of the perks that can be enjoyed as an employee of Palantir Technologies.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and disability coverage
- Paid leave for new parents and emergency back-up care for all parents
- Family planning support, including fertility, adoption, and surrogacy assistance
- Stipend to help with expenses that come with a new child
- Commuter benefits
- Relocation assistance
- Unlimited paid time off
- 2 weeks paid time off built into the end of each year
The estimated salary range for this position is estimated to be $125,000 - $200,000/year. Total compensation for this position may also include Restricted Stock units, sign-on bonus and other potential future incentives. Further note that total compensation for this position will be determined by each individual’s relevant qualifications, work experience, skills, and other factors. This estimate excludes the value of any potential sign-on bonus; the value of any benefits offered; and the potential future value of any long-term incentives.
Life at Palantir
We want every Palantirian to achieve their best outcomes, that’s why we celebrate individuals’ strengths, skills, and interests, from your first interview to your longterm growth, rather than rely on traditional career ladders. Paying attention to the needs of our community enables us to optimize our opportunities to grow and helps ensure many pathways to success at Palantir. Promoting health and well-being across all areas of Palantirians’ lives is just one of the ways we’re investing in our community. Learn more at Life at Palantir and note that our offerings may vary by region.
In keeping consistent with Palantir’s values and culture, we believe employees are “better together” and in-person work affords the opportunity for more creative outcomes. Therefore, we encourage employees to work from our offices to foster connectivity and innovation. Many teams do offer hybrid options (WFH a day or two a week), allowing our employees to strike the right trade-off for their personal productivity. Based on business need, there are a few roles that allow for “Remote” work on an exceptional basis. If you are applying for one of these roles, you must work from the state in which you are employed. If the positing is specified as Onsite, you are required to work from an office.
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems. Palantir does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster, EEO poster supplement and Pay Transparency Notice for additional information.
Palantir is committed to making the job application process accessible to everyone. If you are living with a disability (visible or not visible) and need to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please reach out and let us know how we can help.