Palo Alto, CA
A World-Changing Company
At Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.
Our engineers are involved in all parts of the product lifecycle: idea generation, design, prototyping, planning, execution, and shipping. Our work starts with brainstorming to discover, explore, and understand our customer’s greatest challenges in the visual and technical spaces. Then we code. A lot. Finally, we continuously ship and iterate on products that have a direct impact on some of the world’s hardest problems.
As a Software Engineer you will build products for human-driven analysis of real-world data. These products must handle messy data at scale, all while maintaining an intuitive user experience and a wide range of analytic capabilities.
Some of the things our Software Engineers have done:
- Built a web-based mapping interface that handles millions of data points dynamically displayed at once.
- Constructed an analysis platform on top of a columnar database and custom infrastructure that allows complex numerical analysis at the petabyte scale.
- Built AtlasDB, which provides high-scale, reliable data storage for Palantir products. This NoSQL distributed data store adds a transactional layer that gives the whole system ACID properties.
- Developed a WYSIWYG web app for quickly creating interactive, data-driven web sites.
- Worked on a variety of Palantir open-source projects. Some of our favorites, available on our GitHub page, are Blueprint, Plottable, TSLint, and AtlasDB.
Technologies We Use
- A variety of languages including Java and Go for backend and Typescript for frontend.
- Open-source technologies like Cassandra, Spark, ElasticSearch, React, and Redux.
- Industry-standard build tooling, including Gradle, Webpack, and Github.
What We Value
- Strong engineering background, preferred in fields such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering, Physics.
- Familiarity with data structures, storage systems, cloud infrastructure, front-end frameworks, and other technical tools.
- Understanding of how technical decisions impact the user of what you’re building.
- Ability to work effectively in teams of technical and non-technical individuals. You enjoy collaboration with others—our work isn’t carried out in a vacuum, and everyone contributes to get the job done.
- Skill and comfort working in a rapidly changing environment with dynamic objectives and iteration with users.
- Demonstrated ability to continuously learn, work independently, and make decisions with minimal supervision. You understand that making mistakes means you’re learning, and you actively seek opportunities to grow and develop.
- You want to work on software that is changing the world and you're passionate about creating intuitive, scalable products that magnify the analytical capabilities of our users.
Palantir is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call us at (650) 473-9158.