Business Development Operations Analyst - Contract Program Security Officer (CPSO) US Government
Washington, D.C. /
Mission Operations /
A World-Changing Company
At Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.
As a Business Development Operations Analyst and Contract Program Security Officer (CPSO) for our US Government teams, you do more than just support our implementation; you track and stabilize projects, remove roadblocks, support contract security workflows, and anticipate needs to free up your team to focus their time and attention on the problems they are best equipped to solve. This position requires a combination of operations, project management, process optimization, execution, and industrial security skills.
In this role, you’ll leverage your strength in organization and thrive off of enabling the people you support to be as productive and impactful as possible. You maintain accuracy and flexibility when completing any given task and are committed to seeing every project through to its completion. You take ownership and step up when things go awry; even if a problem is outside your area of expertise, you make the first move to fix it. Communication is one of your greatest strengths and you excel at constructing order out of ambiguity.
You will also be responsible for driving US Government projects forward and owning their operational outcomes, inclusive of ensuring our resources have the requisite clearances and security paperwork in place to be successful. Our ideal candidate is innovative, collaborative, and capable of dealing with complex interpersonal dynamics. You will be a part of a team of talented individuals who are just as passionate about supporting one another as they are about Palantir’s mission. We operate in a high accountability, high expectation environment where the goal is always to produce the best solution. Willingness to accept and respond to feedback is critical.
- Work on many different types of complex problems – from managing projects, to providing execution support with existing teams.
- Craft and implement processes or tools to reduce friction and enable the teams and projects you support to use their resources most effectively.
- Partner with Palantir’s internal stakeholders to spot gaps in process, scope projects / initiatives, and deliver results on-time, on-budget, and at a high quality bar.
- Leverage the collective knowledge of the team – learn and develop expertise to cover a critical gap or bolster and important efforts and projects, internalize feedback, and take charge of your personal growth.
- Manage security aspects of a given contract as the named CPSO on a US Government contract, ensuring our personnel are able to efficiently onboard to sensitive missions and maintain reporting compliance with security requirements.
What We Value
- Organization skills and enthusiasm for supporting internal projects and senior stakeholders, bringing order and efficiency to critical internal initiatives.
- Interpersonal and teamwork skills; able to navigate complex situations with many different people and viewpoints. You're open to new ideas and not afraid to learn from failure.
- Capacity to learn new skills and technologies to deliver the most effective solutions, and understand, translate, and communicate technical concepts to others.
- Sound judgment, with the ability to recognize inefficiencies within projects in your orbit and quickly adapt to mitigate these.
- Strong attention to detail, including maintaining accurate records and diligently tracking key project metrics.
- Expertise in navigating DISS, JADE, e-QIP, ACCS and similar USG systems.
- Active DoD Top Secret security clearance with current SCI eligibility.
- Handling sensitive and confidential information to include Personally Identifiable Information and Privacy Act Information.
- Travel up to 15-20% of the time within the U.S.A. to client site or Palantir offices.
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems. Palantir does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
Palantir is committed to making the job application process accessible to everyone. If you are living with a disability (visible or not visible) and need to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please reach out and let us know how we can help.