New York, NY
A WORLD-CHANGING COMPANY
At Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.
Our engineers are involved in all parts of the product lifecycle: idea generation, design, prototyping, planning, execution, and shipping. Our work starts with brainstorming to discover, explore, and understand our customer’s greatest challenges in the visual and technical spaces. Then we code. A lot. Finally, we ship and continuously iterate on products that have a direct impact on the world’s hardest problems.
- We build products for human-driven analysis of real-world data. These products must handle messy data at enormous scales, all while maintaining an intuitive user experience and a wide range of analytic capabilities. We have:
- Built a web-based mapping interface that handles millions of data points dynamically displayed at once.
- Constructed an analysis platform on top of a columnar database and custom infrastructure that allows complex numerical analysis at the petabyte scale.
- Created AtlasDB, which provides high-scale, reliable data storage for Palantir products. This NoSQL distributed data store adds a transactional layer that gives the whole system ACID properties.
- Developed a WYSIWYG web app for quickly creating interactive, data-driven web sites. And much, much more
- Linter for TypeScript
- Eclipse plug-in for TypeScript
We work with the cutting edge web technologies such as TypeScript, D3, Leaflet and Angular and are passionate about open source (https://github.com/palantir).
Some highlights of our open source work:
TECHNOLOGIES WE USE
- Java for back-end work
- Open source technologies such as Cassandra, Spark, ElasticSearch, etc.
- Internal frameworks for our rapid iteration tools
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- You’re a strong coder; regardless of which language you use or how you learned it, we’re looking for people who can write clean, effective code
- You enjoy collaboration with others—our work isn’t carried out in a vacuum, and everyone contributes to get the job done
- You understand that making mistakes means you’re learning
- You have a constant desire to grow and develop
- You are passionate about product craftsmanship and care about great design, not only in products and their visual presentation but in your code and technical architecture as well
- You are comfortable in a high-paced environment, and can respond to urgent requests
- You want to work on things that make an impact on the world