Technical Program Manager (TPM)
Palo Alto, CA /
Mission Operations /
A World-Changing Company
At Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.
As a Technical Program Manager (TPM) deployed to one of our product development teams (Gotham and Foundry), you are the engine behind Palantir’s engineering teams. You partner with developers to optimize our development process and make sure we’re shipping high quality products every day. You track and stabilize projects, remove roadblocks, and anticipate stakeholder needs to free up our engineers to focus their time and attention on the technical problems they are best equipped to solve.
This position requires a combination of project management, process optimization, technical aptitude and execution skills. You are a person who loves fixing problems and always embraces the best idea, even when it is not your own.
- Partner with Palantir software engineers, product managers, quality engineers, and designers to drive key product deliverables through the entire software development cycle.
- Synthesize concrete technical goals from product vision, mapping global product strategy to granular team tasks and issues. This means triaging requests from the field to create maximum focus for the team, while escalating items that need immediate attention.
- Keep broad and complete state of everything involving or related to your projects. Pre-empt and resolve any issues that may steer projects off-course.
- Deconflict cross-team collaboration. Read a room of technical experts to align them around shared objectives. Improve efficiency where you see miscommunication or lack of coordination.
- Work with customer-facing engineering teams on adoption, roll out, and support of your product.
What We Value
- Demonstrated success managing complex software development projects for an enterprise software company or startup.
- An ability to engage in technical discussion and invest in learning technical concepts.
- Excellent judgment and composure in high-pressure situations.
- A creative approach to project management centered around lightweight frameworks that enable rapid iteration, while operating in harmony with a larger development organization.
- An ability to develop strong relationship with customer-facing teams and a high level of empathy with our end-users’ needs.
- Meticulous attention to detail, including holding tightly to your team’s vision and maintaining a high product quality bar.
- Relevant technical degree or experience in a software-related field (Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering etc.)
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems. Palantir does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
Palantir is committed to making the job application process accessible to everyone. If you are living with a disability (visible or not visible) and need to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please reach out and let us know how we can help.