Desktop Support Engineer
London, United Kingdom
A World-Changing Company
At Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.
As a Desktop Support Engineer, you are the go-to for any and all issues related to the hardware that enables our employees to be productive in the office and on the go. You are responsible for fixing the myriad of problems brought to to you with an unparalleled instinct for diagnosing the issue, desire to learn new skills and a passion for helping others. While you have the knowledge and expertise to work with machines, you love people and want to spend every single day helping someone new. No one at Palantir dreads going to IT to ask a question because each member of the team is genuinely excited to help employees solve their computer-related problems.
- Be the front line for all internal technical operations.
- Solve enterprise scale problems by creatively engineering automated solutions.
- Install, configure, and maintain Windows and Mac workstations.
- Troubleshoot and provide solutions for networking and connectivity issues.
- Create how-to guides that empower employees to own common workflows and solve issues.
- Evaluate new hardware and software technologies.
What We Value
- 3+ years of experience in providing desktop/help desk support.
- Strong communication skills with a commitment to unparalleled customer service.
- Intimate knowledge of desktop operating environments, and common networking issues.
- A logical and methodical approach to problem solving.
- Willingness to participate in on-call rotation.
- Creativity, flexibility, professionalism, and determination.
- Comfort working under deadlines.
- Experience with basic AD/Exchange/O365 administration.
- Basic experience with AV and Video Conferencing.
- Enterprise Mac experience preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.