Palo Alto, CA
A World-Changing Company
At Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we’d love for you to join us.
As a Financial Analyst on the Finance Operations and Strategy team, you will identify and execute on key internal and external workflows across the business, including: planning, budgeting, topline growth, optimal resource allocation and investor relations. The questions you will address evolve as rapidly as our company grows, so the strategy and solutions you create today need to work better and smarter tomorrow. You know that strategy is important but means nothing without execution.
In this role, you will:
- Support Palantir’s rapidly growing business by providing financial planning and analysis, including budgeting and forecasting to help assess and guide business decisions.
- Provide creative solutions and recommendations to reduce costs and improve financial performance across business development, product development and internal development.
- Define, track and create key business metrics to help assess the overall health of the business.
- Compare and analyze actual results against plans and forecasts; monitoring variances; identifying trends and recommending changes to leadership.
- Become the Finance point of contact for cross-functional planning and support to the broader business.
- Leverage data and financial analysis, combined with business understanding to research and discover business growth opportunities.
What We Value:
- 3+ years of experience in business or financial analytics preferred
- BA/BS or MA/MS in Engineering, Finance, Economics, Math, or another analytical field
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with proven ability to be resourceful, and experience improving and streamlining processes
- Strong experience with complex data modeling in at least one of the following: Excel, VBA, SQL, or MATLAB; familiarity with additional modeling platforms is always a plus
- Demonstrated ability and desire to learn quickly, and make an impact
- Ability to work independently and as a team member in an unstructured environment
- Startup experience and/or work experience in a low structure, high autonomy environment
- Experience graphically representing data
- Programming experience
Palantir is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us email@example.com or you may call us at (650) 473-9158.