Facility Security Officer (FSO)
Washington, D.C. /
Mission Operations /
A World-Changing Company
At Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.
Palantir's impact and productivity in the US Government (USG) space depends on our ability to navigate the world of government and industrial security efficiently and responsibly. We're looking for a Facility Security Officer (FSO) who can both arbitrate policy and processes around personnel and clearances, and partner with our business leaders to plan for the future in support of our Department of Defense (DoD) mission.
As a Facility Security Officer, you'll be part of our Government Security Team, which is responsible for managing our personnel clearance program and our secure facilities and systems. The Government Security Team ensures compliance with security policies, regulations and processes within complex organizations, while also enabling Palantir to get people and resources where they’re needed most. As a member of the team, you'll provide first-class knowledge and customer service to the Palantirians who depend on you to help them push the business forward.
Our Facility Security Officers are tenacious, resourceful individuals who challenge conventional approaches to find better ways to navigate intricate bureaucracies. You'll build and execute important processes, then reimagine them to help us deliver outcomes to our customers faster while maintaining rigorous compliance with our customers' requirements.
- Day-to-day management of personnel and physical security programs within a given USG accredited facility.
- Facilitating mandatory USG reporting as it relates to our personnel, facility, and insider threat programs.
- Arbitrating policy and processes around personnel, clearances, and our facilities.
- Operating and optimizing complex clearance application and reinvestigation pipelines in order to grow and maintain Palantir's cleared workforce at pace with our USG business.
What We Value
- Active US TS or TS/SCI security clearance or active Secret clearance with eligibility and willingness to obtain a TS or TS/SCI.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a customer service oriented mindset.
- At least 3 years experience in an AFSO or FSO capacity.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Demonstrated capability to think outside the box, and develop strategies and processes that maintain a strong security posture while enabling business outcomes.
- Willingness to contribute across additional critical, cross-team functions and projects.
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems. Palantir does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
Palantir is committed to making the job application process accessible to everyone. If you are living with a disability (visible or not visible) and need to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please reach out and let us know how we can help.