London, United Kingdom
A World-Changing Company
At Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.
The Design Team
Palantir's Design Team is responsible for the human experience of using our software, as well as the execution of our brand. Our users must create knowledge from data in our software, and potential customers and candidates must understand and relate to the story of our company and the awesome work we do. It’s our job to help tell these stories, and we design everything from user interfaces, to immersive experiences in our buildings and events, all the way down to awesome illustrated t-shirts we’re famous for.
Designers are highly valued in the company for our vision, our ability to learn and adapt, and our creativity and inventiveness. We’re growing rapidly, yet remain focused on building a tight-knit team in an atmosphere that fosters trust, integrity, empathy, and growth. We rigorously share and promote our ideas and constantly incorporate feedback and critique.
You know that form informs function and usability—that the surface layer doesn’t exist in a vacuum. You'll work with Visual Designers, User Researchers, and Product Engineers to refine and evolve the quality of all Palantir software. Sometimes you'll be out in front, exploring brand-new problem spaces, figuring out what to build; other times you’ll be deep in the details of micro-interactions, figuring out how to build. You can rapidly incorporate feedback, and you are adept at giving and receiving critiques.
What We Value
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- The ability to build great relationships, and convey and debate design rationale.
- Empathy, not ego. You strive to understand and empower users.
- A profound love of engineering. Engineers realize our vision—and we realize theirs—and together we create software that our users love.
- A highly iterative design process, and the ability to move fast, listen, and adapt.
- The ability to move with ease across software and fidelity, depending on the task at hand.
- A mastery of tools (e.g. Sketch.app, hand-coding, Photoshop, Illustrator, or Keynote, and paper and Sharpies). For any that may be unfamiliar, you are able to quickly learn and apply them skillfully to your work.
- BA/MA or equivalent experience.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.