Site Reliability Engineer - US Government
New York, NY /
A World-Changing Company
At Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.
We’re looking for Site Reliability Engineers who can help us build, operate, and maintain high-performance, scalable, and reliable services for our production infrastructure. Site Reliability Engineers combine engineering experience and an innate drive to improve existing systems and processes, with the creativity to develop novel solutions to evolving challenges. Our team strives to automate processes wherever possible, using whichever tools are best for the job.
We strongly believe in engineering teams being responsible for the operations of their services in production. In this role, you’ll work closely with engineers to advocate and participate in sensible, scalable, systems design and share responsibility with them in diagnosing, resolving, and preventing production issues.
- Think about systems — their edge cases, failure modes, and life cycles - and how to improve the long-term reliability and scalability of Palantir’s services.
- Design, build, and maintain core services and infrastructure used by Palantir.
- Participate in operations, including a 24/7 on-call rotation every two weeks.
- Help debug, improve, and optimize Palantir’s services and infrastructure.
What We Value
- Active US Security clearance, or eligibility and willingness to obtain a US Security clearance.
- Confidence in troubleshooting complex systems issues independently using observability tools and stack traces.
- Ability to identify and automate highly manual tasks.
- Comfort with large scale production systems and technologies - for example, load balancing, monitoring, distributed systems, or configuration management.
- Ability to work with a high level of autonomy and responsibility in a rapidly changing environment with dynamic objectives and iteration with users.
- Demonstrated ability to continuously learn and drive ongoing improvements within and across teams.
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems. Palantir does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
Palantir is committed to making the job application process accessible to everyone. If you are living with a disability (visible or not visible) and need to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please reach out and let us know how we can help.