Technical Support Engineer
New York, NY /
A World-Changing Company
Palantir builds the world’s leading software for data-driven decisions and operations. By bringing the right data to the people who need it, our platforms empower our partners to develop lifesaving drugs, forecast supply chain disruptions, locate missing children, and more.
Technical Support Engineers are at the frontline of Palantir's centralized enablement team, Amplify, dedicated to delivering business value by directly engaging with partners and working through their problems through support tickets.
You will be responsible for providing an excellent support experience, owning the end-to-end process of user interaction, from understanding and debugging problems to full resolution via support tickets and live VTC sessions. To be successful in your day-to-day, you will need to acquire technical expertise and be an outstanding communicator in a service oriented environment. Your team will support and mentor you throughout your journey in this role, helping you become a domain expert in one or more areas.
- Troubleshoot, resolve, and effectively communicate technical issues raised by Palantir users.
- Create user facing documentation and self-help assets to improve customer experience and provide proactive advice to users.
- Understand and adjust deployment specific configurations of services and networking.
- Identify repetitive support issues and document them, to enhance internal operating procedures.
- Work with Product teams to implement new features that would alleviate common product issues.
- Share product feedback with Product teams, directly from customers or surfaced through issue resolution.
- Contribute to automation initiatives for ticket management infrastructure to improve engineering experience.
What We Value
- Professionalism in written and verbal communication, both internally and with users and business partners.
- Independence in solving technical problems, asking users for relevant further information, and using internal documentation and resources for effective resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively in teams of technical and non-technical individuals.
- Comfortable working in a constantly-evolving environment with dynamic objectives and iteration with users.
- Ability to continuously learn, work independently, and make decisions with minimal supervision.
What We Require
- Strong engineering background demonstrated by a Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Industrial Engineering, or related fields OR 1+ years experience in a technical role
- Demonstrated proficiency with data analysis technologies such as SQL, Python, Spark, etc.
Our benefits aim to promote health and wellbeing across all areas of Palantirians’ lives. We work to continuously improve our offerings and listen to our community as we design and update them. The list below details our available benefits and some of the perks that can be enjoyed as an employee of Palantir Technologies.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and disability coverage
- Paid leave for new parents and emergency back-up care for all parents
- Family planning support, including fertility, adoption, and surrogacy assistance
- Stipend to help with expenses that come with a new child
- Commuter benefits
- Relocation assistance
- Unlimited paid time off
- 2 weeks paid time off built into the end of each year
The estimated salary range for this position is estimated to be $95,000 - $175,000/year. Total compensation for this position may also include Restricted Stock units, sign-on bonus and other potential future incentives. Further note that total compensation for this position will be determined by each individual’s relevant qualifications, work experience, skills, and other factors. This estimate excludes the value of any potential sign-on bonus; the value of any benefits offered; and the potential future value of any long-term incentives.
Life at Palantir
We want every Palantirian to achieve their best outcomes, that’s why we celebrate individuals’ strengths, skills, and interests, from your first interview to your longterm growth, rather than rely on traditional career ladders. Paying attention to the needs of our community enables us to optimize our opportunities to grow and helps ensure many pathways to success at Palantir. Promoting health and well-being across all areas of Palantirians’ lives is just one of the ways we’re investing in our community. Learn more at Life at Palantir and note that our offerings may vary by region.
In keeping consistent with Palantir’s values and culture, we believe employees are “better together” and in-person work affords the opportunity for more creative outcomes. Therefore, we encourage employees to work from our offices to foster connectivity and innovation. Many teams do offer hybrid options (WFH a day or two a week), allowing our employees to strike the right trade-off for their personal productivity. Based on business need, there are a few roles that allow for “Remote” work on an exceptional basis. If you are applying for one of these roles, you must work from the state in which you are employed. If the positing is specified as Onsite, you are required to work from an office.
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems. Palantir does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster, EEO poster supplement and Pay Transparency Notice for additional information.
Palantir is committed to making the job application process accessible to everyone. If you are living with a disability (visible or not visible) and need to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please reach out and let us know how we can help.