Mixed Reality Developer
Product Development /
A World-Changing Company
Palantir builds the world’s leading software for data-driven decisions and operations. By bringing the right data to the people who need it, our platforms empower our partners to develop lifesaving drugs, forecast supply chain disruptions, locate missing children, and more.
As a Software Developer in Palantir's Mixed Reality group, you will join a tier 1 team of researchers, product managers, 3D artists, immersive UX designers, and cross-discipline engineers to create the company's next-generation end-user experiences. You will collaborate with customers, user research, immersive designers, and server-side engineers to develop applications that meet end-users' needs. Additionally, you will work on high-impact, mission-critical applications in mixed reality and 2D end-user devices while developing performance apps for next-generation Mixed Reality hardware, sensors, and data platforms.
- Architect, Develop, debug, document, and deploy performant Mixed Reality applications.
- Invent and improve novel techniques in immersive user experiences.
- Deliver excellent products that inspire confidence and delight our end-users.
- Developing rapid-prototypes and deployable code in augmented reality, virtual reality, and other immersive 2D and 3D user experiences.
- Creating performant, power efficient applications for mobile-grade devices.
- Leveraging modern application that use PaaS and IaaS for GPU rendering, scaling, and clustering.
Technologies We Use
- Physics Engines
What We Value
- Attentiveness to customer needs.
- Dogged determination to develop products that our users will want to rely on.
- Solution driven mindset thriving in nascent production development teams.
- Challenging dogma and fighting fixed mindsets.
- Understanding of Defense and Intel industry product development.
- Experience with Unity, Unreal, or similar game engines is a strong bonus.
What We Require
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science OR equivalent job experience.
- Active US Security Clearance, or ability and willingness to obtain one.
Life at Palantir
We want every Palantirian to achieve their best outcomes, that’s why we celebrate individuals’ strengths, skills, and interests, from your first interview to your longterm growth, rather than rely on traditional career ladders. Paying attention to the needs of our community enables us to optimize our opportunities to grow and helps ensure many pathways to success at Palantir. Promoting health and well-being across all areas of Palantirians’ lives is just one of the ways we’re investing in our community. Learn more at Life at Palantir and note that our offerings may vary by region.
In keeping consistent with Palantir’s values and culture, we believe employees are “better together” and in-person work affords the opportunity for more creative outcomes. Therefore, we encourage employees to work from our offices to foster connectivity and innovation. Many teams do offer hybrid options (WFH a day or two a week), allowing our employees to strike the right trade-off for their personal productivity. Based on business need, there are a few roles that allow for “Remote” work on an exceptional basis. If you are applying for one of these roles, you must work from the state in which you are employed. If the posting is specified as Onsite, you are required to work from an office.
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems. Palantir does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster, EEO poster supplement and Pay Transparency Notice for additional information.
Palantir is committed to making the job application process accessible to everyone. If you are living with a disability (visible or not visible) and need to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please reach out and let us know how we can help.