Full Stack Software Engineer - Apollo Platform
London, United Kingdom
A World-Changing Company
Palantir builds the world’s leading software for data-driven decisions and operations. By bringing the right data to the people who need it, our platforms empower our partners to develop lifesaving drugs, forecast supply chain disruptions, locate missing children, and more.
Apollo enables autonomous management and continuous deployment of mission critical software to where it’s needed most. We’re transforming the way organisations around the world deploy software across all environment footprints: from on-premise, to various cloud providers, to disconnected environments (air-gapped), to strict accreditation frameworks, and to the edge. Learn more about Apollo and why it was built!
As a Full Stack Software Engineer on the Apollo platform you will be responsible for delivering on business-critical outcomes through your product contributions to our Apollo offerings. You will be responsible for defining and building world-class user experiences that delight all Apollo customers and owning them end-to-end. You will partner with our design team to ensure a cohesive experience across the platform, and our back-end engineers to ensure we build the right APIs needed to power our user experiences (or even building them yourself!). Join us in enabling our customers and partners to focus their attention on the next generation of development and innovation our nation needs through the power of Apollo.
- Own key product workflows end-to-end, from system design to shipping in production that enable Apollo’s mission
- Develop and evolve core libraries and re-usable components used to render user interfaces
- Ensure consistent user experiences across the product in partnership with design
- Partner with key partners to ensure we build the right APIs to power the user experience
- Key contributor to engineering excellence, especially in the context of the front-end codebase
What We Value
- High sense of ownership and ability to own things end-to-end
- Strong design sense and deep user empathy
- Clear and concise verbal and written communications
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced product development team, with peers and teammates across multiple locations and timezones
- High engineering standards and a desire to improve both new and existing systems
- Willingness and enthusiasm to do what it takes to get things done, leading by example and deeply engaging with the team’s day-to-day work
- A focus on impact and an ability to articulate the value your work provides
What We Require
- 3+ years of building first-class front-end / full-stack applications
- Strong coding skills with TypeScript, React, and CSS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Preferred: some experience with back-end languages such as Java or Go
Life at Palantir
We want every Palantirian to achieve their best outcomes, that’s why we celebrate individuals’ strengths, skills, and interests, from your first interview to your longterm growth, rather than rely on traditional career ladders. Paying attention to the needs of our community enables us to optimize our opportunities to grow and helps ensure many pathways to success at Palantir. Promoting health and well-being across all areas of Palantirians’ lives is just one of the ways we’re investing in our community. Learn more at Life at Palantir and note that our offerings may vary by region.
In keeping consistent with Palantir’s values and culture, we believe employees are “better together” and in-person work affords the opportunity for more creative outcomes. Therefore, we encourage employees to work from our offices to foster connectivity and innovation. Many teams do offer hybrid options (WFH a day or two a week), allowing our employees to strike the right trade-off for their personal productivity. Based on business need, there are a few roles that allow for “Remote” work on an exceptional basis. If you are applying for one of these roles, you must work from the city and or country in which you are employed. If the posting is specified as Onsite, you are required to work from an office.
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems.
Palantir is committed to making the job application process accessible to everyone. If you are living with a disability (visible or not visible) and need to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please reach out and let us know how we can help.