Palo Alto, CA /
A World-Changing Company
At Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.
Palantir is seeking an Accounting Manager to develop and implement improvements and quality initiatives across our growing Accounting & Finance organization. In this role you’ll be supporting senior accounting leadership with strategies that prioritize scalability and value creation. You will also partner with the Corporate Accounting team to close the books monthly, as well as build out related internal controls, automation, and process enhancements.
Our ideal candidate will be able to hit the ground running, getting deep into work prepared by the team and identifying opportunities for improvement. We value problem solvers who are not satisfied with the status quo and who are energized by the chance to improve the efficiency or accuracy of existing processes.
- Support senior corporate accounting leadership with a review of the team’s original work, as well as one-off projects and initiatives.
- Help increase overall quality and speed of delivery in accounting work product.
- Build and leverage cross-functional relationships within the company to more effectively bring value to Finance and other internal teams.
- Exercise judgment while ensuring that accounting conclusions are documented in reconciliations and technical memos in accordance with current policies and guidance.
- Communicate and present complex topics to leadership in an accessible format, while still maintaining the ability to operate in the details as needed.
What We Value
- 8+ years of progressive accounting or finance experience, with at least 4+ years of experience at a large international public accounting firm.
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field (with CPA preferred).
- A highly analytical and innovative approach to problem solving, with a demonstrated track record of process improvement.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Experience partnering with international functions and teams is a plus.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills; able to maintain accuracy in work products and multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- NetSuite, Workday, ADP, Safeguard, GTreasury and CoStar experiences are a plus.
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems. Palantir does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
Palantir is committed to making the job application process accessible to everyone. If you are living with a disability (visible or not visible) and need to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please reach out and let us know how we can help.