London, United Kingdom /
A World-Changing Company
At Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.
As a Revenue Analyst, you will analyze complex revenue transactions and continually refine revenue recognition policies. You will research and be responsible for providing direction on technical accounting issues that may arise during the ordinary course of business. You will collaborate with various teams including Business Development, Finance and Legal to identify, shape, and appropriately account for revenue. As a key player in our Finance team, you will be encouraged and empowered to challenge the status quo when something is broken.
You are hands-on, flexible, self-motivated, and a team player. The position requires strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills.
- Be responsible for the revenue recognition process from quote- to-cash.
- Drive revenue accounting month-end close process by creating and validating accruals, preparing journal entries and account reconciliations, ensuring policy compliance, and developing standard reports.
- Document sales contracts and related revenue accounting treatment in accordance with ASC 606 and company policies.
- Build cross-functional working relationships within the company and provide technical guidance, training, and support to the Finance, Legal and Business Development teams.
- Work actively with external auditors to ensure that revenue recognition interpretations are consistent and adhere to GAAP at consolidated level as well as at local statutory level.
- Provide input for forecast with respect to revenue impact.
- Gain a solid understanding of business transactions and accounting flow, whilst identifying and implementing continuous improvement initiatives related to revenue processes, including reporting, data gathering, analysis and enhancement of existing processes for efficiency and effectiveness.
What We Value
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Accounting, or related field.
- 3+ years’ US GAAP software revenue recognition experience and familiarity with US GAAP revenue recognition accounting guidance such as ASC 605 and ASC 606.
- Strong communications, presentation, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to summarize key accounting and operational issues to management.
- Complex analytic problem solving and project management skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- ACCA or CIMA equivalent (preferred but not required).
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.