Network Systems Engineer
New York, NY /
Technical Operations /
A World-Changing Company
At Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.
Do you enjoy all things Radio Frequency? Do you skim vendor hardware releases for new 802.11 standards support? Have you made the impossible possible through lateral thinking and sheer determination? Saw a product you've never logged into before and dove in? If so, then you're ready for the next adventure with our team as a Network Systems Engineer - Wireless.
As a member of the Network Engineering team, you will be deeply involved in our mission to continue the evolution of Palantir’s network services to prepare us for the known and unknown demands. As our wireless Subject Matter Expert (SME) you will be responsible for architecting, operating and troubleshooting our Global Office Wi-Fi offering.
- Architect and operate Wi-Fi offerings for all Palantir offices.
- Collaborate with fellow engineers on deploying resilient and scalable network architecture with minimal downtime.
- Troubleshoot operational issues in the infrastructure, including vendor escalation.
- Learn both on the job as well as through clear development plans to help create solutions to complex technological challenges.
What We Value
- Ability to continuously learn, work independently, and make decisions with minimal supervision.
- Experience in RF (Radio Frequency) planning, Wi-Fi roaming protocols, standards, and .11 protocol.
- Experience with 802.1x authentication.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of LAN (wired & wireless), WAN, and Firewall environments; understanding of OSI Layers from physical to application.
- Experience with public cloud service providers (e.g. AWS, Microsoft Azure, etc.).
- Experience with VPN technology (GRE, IPSec/SSL VPNs).
- Proficiency in a language such as Python (preferred), Go, Shell and/or RESTful systems.
- Experience with Terraform, Ansible, or other Automation Platforms.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems. Palantir does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
Palantir is committed to making the job application process accessible to everyone. If you are living with a disability (visible or not visible) and need to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please reach out and let us know how we can help.