Proposal Writer and Strategist - US Defense
Washington, D.C. /
Business Development /
A World-Changing Company
At Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.
As a Proposal Writer and Strategist you stand at the heart of Palantir Technologies' Defense capture and procurement process. Curious, critically-minded, and detail-oriented, you are a strong writer, capable of turning complex technical concepts into persuasive proposals, white papers, project vision statements, and other business documents. On any given day, you are writing detailed explanations of our software's capabilities, scouring U.S. procurement websites and analyzing budgets for potential business opportunities, managing formal proposals for new contracts, and crafting procurement strategies in highly competitive markets. You are excited to draft technical and non-technical content for customer-facing documents and to collaborate with key members of our engineering, legal, sales, and leadership teams.
This role is an opportunity to embed deeply in a unique company. Palantir is fast-paced, and you'll be expected to make decisions independently by weighing many needs and priorities. The role and its surrounding organization aren't rigidly deﬁned, so it's important that you can navigate an unstructured environment. In this role, you'll wear many hats, arising to new business challenges while growing your skills on the job. We are looking for mission-driven teammates who can jump into any writing project with enthusiasm.
- Write and manage complex proposals in collaboration with multiple internal teams, to effectively communicate our products to contracting oﬃcers, proposal evaluators, customer leadership, and other audiences.
- Work closely with engineering, legal, sales, and leadership teams to shape strategy for U.S. Government outreach and shepherd engagements from initial meeting to contract signing.
- Develop deep expertise in Palantir products and their use cases, U.S. Government procurement processes, and existing and potential customers.
- Learn complex technical information and clearly communicate it to both technical and non- technical audiences.
What We Value
- Excellent writing and editing skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to quickly understand technical concepts and thrive in a highly technical environment.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Experience building and managing relationships across a range of business areas.
- 4+ years experience in a role requiring writing and project management.
- An active security clearance at Secret level or higher (or ability to obtain one) is an asset, but is not required.
- We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We value candidates who can bring a wide range of perspectives and lived experiences to contribute to our community.
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems. Palantir does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
Palantir is committed to making the job application process accessible to everyone. If you are living with a disability (visible or not visible) and need to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please reach out and let us know how we can help.