Machine Learning Researcher
Washington, D.C. /
Product Development /
A World-Changing Company
At Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.
We are looking for someone that is passionate about computer vision and deep learning, someone that likes to push the boundaries of what is possible, and want to solve hard problems on top of unique datasets. You will be responsible for implementing, customizing, and inventing computer vision deep learning techniques for some of the most challenging datasets. In this role, you will have the opportunity to get exposed to real customer problems early on in the process and to help formulate, and drive novel deep learning solutions from the ground up.
The Machine Learning team develops state of the art machine learning techniques to address immediate customer needs and to ensure Palantir’s platforms offer unparalleled machine learning capabilities.
- Read, present and implement research papers in the area of Computer Vision and Deep Learning
- Modify and/or invent state of the art techniques in object detection and tracking, segmentation, landcover classification to optimize performance on unique datasets
- Work closely with engineering teams to push innovative learning models to production
- Propose and implement new ideas/directions in CV/Deep Learning that can effectively solve customer problems
Technologies We Use
What We Value
- Background in Computer Vision Deep Learning
- Proficiency with any of the major Deep Learning frameworks
- MS in Computer Science or related fields, or a PhD degree
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems. Palantir does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
Palantir is committed to making the job application process accessible to everyone. If you are living with a disability (visible or not visible) and need to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please reach out and let us know how we can help.