A World-Changing Company
At Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.
Palantir’s Research Fellowship is an opportunity to accelerate research through collaboration with Palantir’s R&D group and Palantir mentors. In partnership with our engineering and customer-facing teams, this group reconciles the promise of theoretical concepts with real-world constraints to advance our data platforms. Fellows can focus solely on their research and are not expected to spend their time working for Palantir.
Graduate students in Computer Science or a related technical field at European institutions are invited to submit proposals. Some examples of relevant subject areas include, but are not limited to, distributed systems, networking, databases, time series data, machine learning, data visualization, stream processing, software and systems testing, continuous delivery, privacy and data protection, and data provenance. We encourage and support publication of results in blogs or academic journals and conferences.
The ideal Research Fellow brings an aptitude for data, as well as deep academic or professional experience in relevant fields. They must be able to define and advance a research agenda independently, and proactively seek opportunities to collaborate with Palantir’s engineering and customer-facing teams.
The Fellowship start time, duration, and location will be agreed upon with the Research Fellow(s), taking into account their academic commitments, as well as the availability of Palantir mentors.
What We Value
- Currently enrolled in a European institution, pursuing a graduate degree (preferably doctoral) in Computer Science, or a related technical field
- Demonstrated ability and desire to self-direct
- Deep academic or professional experience in relevant fields, such as: distributed systems, networking, databases, time series data, machine learning, data visualization, stream processing, software and systems testing, continuous delivery, privacy and data protection, data provenance
- Research Fellows should have the flexibility to travel to either our Munich or London office location depending on the amount of research to be conducted at the premises (~25-50% of the time). The office location will be determined by company priorities and the project's subject area.
Ready to Apply? To apply, please submit the following materials:
- Research Proposal (max 1000 words)
- A copy of your resume/CV
- A copy of your transcripts (unofficial transcripts are acceptable)
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.