Proposal and Capture Strategist
Washington, D.C. /
Business Development /
A World-Changing Company
At Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.
Proposal and Capture Strategists are a central part of Government and Commercial Business Development teams at Palantir. In collaboration with business development and technical execution stakeholders, you will expand Palantir’s footprint in the U.S. Government by developing and executing strategy for new customer acquisition and writing compelling proposals and market research documents that influence and win contracts. On any given day, we’re managing a formal proposal for a new contract, drafting market research to help inform procurement processes, identifying and triaging new business opportunities, or researching contract and capture opportunities in partnership with Sales, technical, and other Business Development teams.
In this role, you will collaborate with a team, while also making decisions independently and balancing competing priorities across multiple agencies. You will wear many hats and operate in a dynamic work environment. You’ll leverage your problem solving expertise, ability to learn quickly, writing, and communication skills to navigate unique business challenges and create innovative solutions. We are looking for mission-driven teammates who can own any business development project — from preparing for external meetings, to ideating and drafting a white paper, to a detailed proposal submission — with enthusiasm.
You strive to be the best at what you do and can work efficiently in any environment. You'll collaborate with engineers to translate highly technical and complex concepts into clear, concise, and powerful written products. You'll prepare documents that effectively communicate the features and benefits of Palantir's products. You'll write, edit, and rewrite technical and non-technical text in order to put forward the most compelling proposals and customer deliverables.
- Collaborate with counterparts in engineering, legal, sales, and leadership teams to shape strategy for U.S. Government outreach and shepherd engagements from initial meeting to contract signing, including handling all written communications and proposals.
- Serve as a primary author and project manager on Market Research, RFI, and RFP responses.
- Identify, research, and qualify new customers and opportunities in collaboration with the broader business development team, engineering teams, and leadership. This includes researching, gathering news, and providing insights regarding potential opportunities, agencies of interest, or relevant current events.
- Develop deep familiarity with Palantir's software platforms and how they can be used to solve a wide range of real-world problems.
- Develop new ways to improve the proposal development process and streamline our procedures.
- Refine messaging and value proposition in written content; transform complex technical concepts into persuasive proposals, white papers, project vision statements, and other business documents.
- Occasionally contribute to additional business development efforts as needed, including developing creative or potentially creative/visual content for targeted outreach and marketing campaigns.
What We Value
- At least four years of experience in a role that requires significant writing and/or communications strategy in support of complex projects
- Ability to translate technical concepts and differentiators through concise and compelling written and verbal communication
- Strong attention to detail when crafting documents (e.g., correct grammar, consistent formatting, attention to customer language choice)
- Ability to generate and communicate novel ideas, contribute to and execute against strategic plans, and learn about technical concepts independently
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to work effectively while navigating ambiguity
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams, including: (1) collaborating with a team on a joint output; (2) collaborating across departments / agencies / roles; (3) leading projects that require input from multiple stakeholders
- We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We value candidates who can bring a wide range of perspectives and lived experiences to contribute to our community
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems. Palantir does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
Palantir is committed to making the job application process accessible to everyone. If you are living with a disability (visible or not visible) and need to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please reach out and let us know how we can help.