Implementation Program Manager
Washington, D.C. /
Mission Operations /
A World-Changing Company
At Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.
As an Implementation Program Manager, you are the operational engine behind Palantir’s forward deployed engineering teams. You partner with our Forward Deployed Engineers and Deployment Strategists to optimize our product implementation process. You track and stabilize projects, remove roadblocks, and anticipate stakeholder needs to ensure engineers are able to focus their time and attention on the technical problems they are best equipped to solve. Your creative approach to project management centers around frameworks that enable rapid iteration, while operating in harmony with the team’s vision and the end users’ needs.
This position requires a combination of project and team management, process optimization, customer relationship management, and execution skills. You are a person who loves fixing problems and embraces the opportunity that an obstacle presents.
- Be the first responder when things go wrong. If a problem is outside your area of expertise, you know how to move both collaboratively and independently toward a solutionand can escalate effectively when all your options have been exhausted.
- Partner with our Forward Deployed Engineers, Deployment Strategists, internal teams, and client stakeholders to drive product implementation in the field. This involves working on site with customers and traveling up to 25-75% of the time, as required, and based on the needs of the team.
- Synthesize concrete goals from client needs and our long term roadmaps, mapping your deployment’s strategy to granular team tasks and issues. This means triaging requests from clients to create maximum focus for the team, while escalating items that need immediate attention and displaying a high level of empathy with our end-users’ needs.
- Maintain broad and complete state of everything involving or related to your team. Pre-empt and resolve any issues that may steer projects off-course.
- Optimize cross-team collaboration. Calibrate a room of peers and/or stakeholders to achieve alignment around shared objectives. Initiate improvements, where needed, to maximize efficiency.
What We Value
- Demonstrated success managing complex projects in high-stakes environments.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, sound judgment, and composure in high-pressure situations.
- An ability to develop and cultivate strong rapport within our product development teams. You like to engage in technical discussion or can invest in learning technical concepts.
- Experience at an enterprise software company or startup is desirable, but not required.
- Active US Security clearance or eligibility and willingness to obtain a US Security clearance.
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems. Palantir does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
Palantir is committed to making the job application process accessible to everyone. If you are living with a disability (visible or not visible) and need to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please reach out and let us know how we can help.