London, United Kingdom /
Product Support /
A World-Changing Company
At Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.
As a technical writer and editor, you’ll play a key role in helping our customers succeed by creating, maintaining, and improving documentation that supports users of Palantir’s products.
At Palantir, we view documentation as a key part of product development. Working at the intersection of users and Palantir’s products, you will develop an understanding of user needs and help them get the most out of our software. You’ll be a thought partner with our product development teams, combining your communication skills with empathy for users and product knowledge. Your work will primarily be on written documentation, but may also include interactive tutorials, recorded demonstrations, or other communication channels.
Teams and individuals at Palantir operate with a high degree of autonomy and independence. In this role, you’ll be responsible for setting priorities for your work, deciding where to allocate your time based on an assessment of stakeholder and organizational needs. You should be comfortable thinking about the “big picture” narrative and structure of our documentation, as well as diving into the details. On any given day, you might find yourself editing a guide drafted by a developer, writing a new tutorial for a critical workflow, or identifying an area that needs improvement and partnering with a team to make the fix. You will also gain exposure to the technical infrastructure for composing and distributing platform documentation.
- Understand and communicate the value proposition of Palantir’s products.
- Create user documentation in partnership with developers and business teams.
- Review and edit documentation to maintain a high level of quality.
- Identify, triage, and resolve needs in documentation.
- Maintain style guides and best practices for writing, improving, and publishing documentation.
- Manage and structure multi-stakeholder documentation projects.
- Uphold a culture in which developers are engaged with documenting their products, including hosting training sessions and workshops.
What We Value
- Commitment to quality and accuracy in communication and writing, with the ability to translate complex technical subjects into clear, concise prose suited for the intended audience.
- Professional writing experience; technical writing experience is a plus.
- Enthusiasm for learning and teaching technical topics.
- Experience working with technical teammates, like software engineers or product designers.
- Ability to prioritize, adapt, and operate in unstructured environments as part of a fast-growing team.
- Familiarity with programming, scripting, or statistical packages preferred.
- Visual information design skills are a plus.
Life at Palantir
We want every Palantirian to achieve their best outcomes, that’s why we celebrate individuals’ strengths, skills, and interests, from your first interview to your longterm growth, rather than rely on traditional career ladders. Paying attention to the needs of our community enables us to optimize our opportunities to grow and helps ensure many pathways to success at Palantir. Promoting health and well-being across all areas of Palantirians’ lives is just one of the ways we’re investing in our community. Learn more at Life at Palantir and note that our offerings may vary by region.
In keeping consistent with Palantir’s values and culture, we believe employees are “better together” and in-person work affords the opportunity for more creative outcomes. Therefore, we encourage employees to work from our offices to foster connectivity and innovation. Many teams do offer hybrid options (WFH a day or two a week), allowing our employees to strike the right trade-off for their personal productivity. Based on business need, there are a few roles that allow for “Remote” work on an exceptional basis. If you are applying for one of these roles, you must work from the state in which you are employed. If the positing is specified as Onsite, you are required to work from an office.
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems.
Palantir is committed to making the job application process accessible to everyone. If you are living with a disability (visible or not visible) and need to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please reach out and let us know how we can help.