New York, NY
A World-Changing Company
Palantir builds the world’s leading software for data-driven decisions and operations. By bringing the right data to the people who need it, our platforms empower our partners to develop lifesaving drugs, forecast supply chain disruptions, locate missing children, and more.
What We're About
At its core, the Deployment Strategist role centers around using data in operational and real-world action. Our customers come to us with a hunch that the only way to protect their troops, manufacture high-quality products, structure effective healthcare policies, or deliver aid to refugees safely is to make better use of their data. Deployment Strategists are responsible for turning that hunch into reality.
What We Do
As a Deployment Strategist, you'll work as part of a driven and creative team of Engineers, Product Designers, and other Deployment Strategists to deploy software against the most exciting problems our world faces. Your mission is to synthesize disconnected streams of thought into an understanding of what the most important problem is, what the data means, what the product needs, what users are motivated by, and where the impact could be.
You'll immerse yourself in our customers' most intricate workflows. You'll partner with customer teams and explore the data, and plunge into the product landscape to enable us to scale. A select number of Deployments Strategists may also be deployed to Palantir internal teams and problems. In this role, the problems you'll seek will require a curious and analytical approach, a sharp intuition for product, and a strong degree of user insight to ultimately empower our customers to improve decisions.
No two days are the same, but you can expect to:
- Go onsite and meet with customer analysts to understand the critical questions they need to answer and locate their biggest problems
- Identify relevant datasets through deep engagement with customer problems and workflows
- Work with Forward Deployed Engineers to integrate the data into a stable and extensible pipeline
- Work with the customer to build customized workflows for new user groups
- Lead training sessions to ensure that the product is meeting user needs and having concrete impact on their operations
- Present the results of our work and proposals for future work to audiences ranging from analysts to C-suite executives
- Embed with our Software Engineering and Product Design teams to incorporate what you saw in the field into cross-Palantir product offerings
- Build and deliver demos to new and existing customers
- Scope out potential engagements in new industries and expanding locations around the world
What We Value
- Team members who aren’t satisfied with surface-level answers and will dive into the details of the data
- Low ego because the outcome matters more than who gets the credit
- Extraordinary ability to confront open-ended problems in unstructured environments
- Adaptive and introspective; willing to learn, guide, lead and follow
What We Require
- Ability to travel 25 – 75% required. Varies by location and team
- Experience with programming, scripting or statistical packages (e.g. Python, R, Matlab, SQL)
Our benefits aim to promote health and wellbeing across all areas of Palantirians’ lives. We work to continuously improve our offerings and listen to our community as we design and update them. The list below details our available benefits and some of the perks that can be enjoyed as an employee of Palantir Technologies.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and disability coverage
- Paid leave for new parents and emergency back-up care for all parents
- Family planning support, including fertility, adoption, and surrogacy assistance
- Stipend to help with expenses that come with a new child
- Commuter benefits
- Relocation assistance
- Unlimited paid time off
- 2 weeks paid time off built into the end of each year
The estimated salary range for this position is estimated to be $95,000 - $160,000/year. Total compensation for this position may also include Restricted Stock units, sign-on bonus and other potential future incentives. Further note that total compensation for this position will be determined by each individual’s relevant qualifications, work experience, skills, and other factors. This estimate excludes the value of any potential sign-on bonus; the value of any benefits offered; and the potential future value of any long-term incentives.
Life at Palantir
We want every Palantirian to achieve their best outcomes, that’s why we celebrate individuals’ strengths, skills, and interests, from your first interview to your longterm growth, rather than rely on traditional career ladders. Paying attention to the needs of our community enables us to optimize our opportunities to grow and helps ensure many pathways to success at Palantir. Promoting health and well-being across all areas of Palantirians’ lives is just one of the ways we’re investing in our community. Learn more at Life at Palantir and note that our offerings may vary by region.
In keeping consistent with Palantir’s values and culture, we believe employees are “better together” and in-person work affords the opportunity for more creative outcomes. Therefore, we encourage employees to work from our offices to foster connectivity and innovation. Many teams do offer hybrid options (WFH a day or two a week), allowing our employees to strike the right trade-off for their personal productivity. Based on business need, there are a few roles that allow for “Remote” work on an exceptional basis. If you are applying for one of these roles, you must work from the state in which you are employed. If the posting is specified as Onsite, you are required to work from an office.
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems. Palantir does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster, EEO poster supplement and Pay Transparency Notice for additional information.
Palantir is committed to making the job application process accessible to everyone. If you are living with a disability (visible or not visible) and need to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please reach out and let us know how we can help.