Forward Deployed Data Engineer - UK Government
London, United Kingdom
A World-Changing Company
Palantir builds the world’s leading software for data-driven decisions and operations. By bringing the right data to the people who need it, our platforms empower our partners to develop lifesaving drugs, forecast supply chain disruptions, locate missing children, and more.
Forward Deployed Data Engineers (FDDEs) work to support the day-to-day operations of Foundry deployments. Our customers rely on our platform for some of their most critical operations. As an FDDE, you’ll apply your problem solving ability, creativity, and technical skills to support our customer’s Foundry stacks and workflows. You’ll have the opportunity to gain rare insight into challenging problems at the world's most important organisations and directly contribute to solving them.
As a data engineer at Palantir, you will work directly with customers to quickly understand their problems. You will partner with other client-facing teammates to design and implement data-driven workflows for our customers. You will be responsible for new data pipelines and customer workflows, building health metrics and automated alerts, fixing bugs in pipelines and products, and developing and documenting strategies for engaging with customer support.
- Work with Deployment Strategists and Forward Deployed Software Engineers to understand the critical problems customers have and design workflows to solve them.
- Identify relevant datasets through deep engagement with customer problems and workflows, and work to integrate the data into a stable and extensible pipeline.
- Respond to and triage incoming support requests from both internal and external teams.
- Maintain and improve existing pipelines and Foundry workflows to support customer outcomes.
What We Value
- A highly analytical approach and eagerness to tackle technical problems with distributed computing, data pipelining tools, data health and monitoring frameworks, and other technologies.
- Ability to continuously learn and work independently, making decisions with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively in teams of technical and non-technical individuals
- Comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment with dynamic objectives and iteration with users.
- Security clearance or the ability to obtain a clearance preferred.
What We Require
- Strong engineering background demonstrated by a Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Industrial Engineering, and related fields OR equivalent professional experience.
Life at Palantir
We want every Palantirian to achieve their best outcomes, that’s why we celebrate individuals’ strengths, skills, and interests, from your first interview to your longterm growth, rather than rely on traditional career ladders. Paying attention to the needs of our community enables us to optimize our opportunities to grow and helps ensure many pathways to success at Palantir. Promoting health and well-being across all areas of Palantirians’ lives is just one of the ways we’re investing in our community. Learn more at Life at Palantir and note that our offerings may vary by region.
In keeping consistent with Palantir’s values and culture, we believe employees are “better together” and in-person work affords the opportunity for more creative outcomes. Therefore, we encourage employees to work from our offices to foster connectivity and innovation. Many teams do offer hybrid options (WFH a day or two a week), allowing our employees to strike the right trade-off for their personal productivity. Based on business need, there are a few roles that allow for “Remote” work on an exceptional basis. If you are applying for one of these roles, you must work from the city and or country in which you are employed. If the posting is specified as Onsite, you are required to work from an office.
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems.
Palantir is committed to making the job application process accessible to everyone. If you are living with a disability (visible or not visible) and need to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please reach out and let us know how we can help.