Washington, D.C. /
A World-Changing Company
At Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.
Capture Strategists are critical members of Palantir’s US Government team. Responsible for growing the business, they partner with business development and technical execution stakeholders to identify and win major opportunities. We’re looking for a Capture Strategist to expand Palantir’s footprint in the Department of Defense. By developing and executing strategy for new customer acquisition, this role will make an outsized impact on the organization’s growth trajectory.
Palantir is fast-paced, and in this role you'll be expected to make decisions independently by weighing many needs and priorities. The role and its surrounding organization aren't rigidly defined, so it's important that you can navigate an unstructured environment. We are a lean team and are constantly managing new business challenges and learning on the job. We are looking for mission-driven teammates who can jump into any situation with enthusiasm.
- Work closely with counterparts to help shape our government outreach and shepherd engagements, from initial meeting through the federal IT acquisitions process to award.
- Identify new customers and opportunities in the Department of Defense in collaboration with the broader business development team, engineering teams, and leadership.
- Develop customer profiles, including identifying target customer needs and the most effective way to address those needs.
- Establish and grow relationships with key executives at target accounts.
- Lead the assessment of competitors.
- Work with proposal writers to refine messaging and value proposition in written content.
- Drive pricing strategy and negotiation with support from contracts team and leadership.
What We Value
- At least five years of experience in a leadership role focused on capture management and strategy.
- Experience building and managing relationships with the Department of Defense.
- In-depth knowledge of US Government procurement.
- Ability to think outside of the box / beyond traditional capture strategies to reach goals.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, highly technical environment. This will involve developing deep familiarity with Palantir's software platforms and how they can be used to solve a wide range of real-world problems.
- Active US Security clearance or eligibility and willingness to obtain a US Security clearance depending on target account.
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems. Palantir does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
Palantir is committed to making the job application process accessible to everyone. If you are living with a disability (visible or not visible) and need to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please reach out and let us know how we can help.