Deployment Strategist, New Grad
Palo Alto, CA
A World-Changing Company
At Palantir, we’re driven to solve the world's most critical and challenging problems, and believe that building software to enable human decision making is the most effective vector. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more.
What We're About
At its core, this role is about uncovering dots and—without knowing the shape they form—figuring out how to connect them. Our customers come to us with a hunch that the only way to protect their troops, manufacture high-quality products, structure effective healthcare policies, or deliver aid to refugees safely is to make better use of their data. Deployment Strategists are responsible for turning that hunch into reality.
If you believe in the transformational power of data and technology and in your own ability to bring that power to bear against complex problems, we want to meet you.
What We Do
Finding truth behind legacy systems and technical barriers is a problem that requires a curious and analytical mindset, a sharp intuition for product, an ability to speak the language of data, and an understanding that humans should make decisions.
As a Deployment Strategist, you'll work as part of a diverse team of Engineers, Product Designers, and other Deployment Strategists to deploy software against the most challenging problems our world faces. Everyone comes to Palantir with a unique set of experiences and skills, and that's what makes our teams generative and creative. Your mission is to synthesize disconnected streams of thought into a cohesive understanding of what the problem is, what the data means, what the product needs, what users are motivated by, and where the impact could be. You're not an over-planner or a manager — you're a do-er. Whether your to-do list is on your phone or on a paper napkin, you never let things sit there for long. You immerse yourself in our customers' most intricate workflows because that's where the answers lie. You explore the data using quantitative analytics across large datasets because that's where the truth is, and you dive into the product landscape because that's how we scale.
Deployment Strategists thrive in ambiguity. Rather than trying to walk in with answers, your default mode of operation is to begin with questions in pursuit of truth, value, and meaningful impact. You react quickly to new stimuli, and you don't equate pivoting with failing.
No two days are the same, but as a Deployment Strategist you can expect to:
- Go onsite and meet with customer analysts to understand the critical questions they need to answer and locate their biggest pain points.
- Build a case for gaining access to the relevant datasets, and work with Forward Deployed Engineers to integrate the data into a stable and extensible pipeline.
- Create and lead training sessions to ensure that the product is meeting the needs of a range of users, and is being used widely enough to have concrete impact on our partners' operations.
- Present the results of our work and proposals for future work to audiences ranging from analysts to C-suite executives.
- Embed with our Software Engineering and Product Design teams to incorporate what you saw in the field into cross-Palantir product offerings.
- Build and deliver demos to new and existing customers.
- Scope out potential engagements in new industries and in increasingly expanding locations around the world.
What We Value
- We value team members who aren’t satisfied with “what” because they know “why” is the juicier question. We value the desire to roll up your sleeves and dive into the details of the data because that’s the core of our work. And we value low ego because the outcome matters more than who gets the credit.
- BA/BS (or MA/MS) or equivalent experience.
- Extraordinary ability to take on open-ended problems in unstructured environments.
- Adaptive and introspective; willing to learn, teach, lead and follow.
- Experience with programming, scripting or statistical packages a plus (Python, R, Matlab, SQL).
- Ability to travel 25 – 75% required. Varies by location and team.
Palantir is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or you may call us at (650) 473-9158.