Farm Environment Specialist - Wellington
Sustainability and Risk – Sustainability and Risk /
Permanent - Off Farm
· Promote the importance of protecting and enhancing the environment
· Engage with farm teams and colleagues throughout New Zealand
· Competitive salary, hybrid working in Wellington location
Join our Sustainability and Risk team, provide specialist environmental advice to our farm teams and enable the delivery of sustainable and productive farming systems.
Your key focus will be advancing Pāmu environmental performance and compliance and supporting sustainable business outcomes.
Key responsibilities include:
· Providing specialist guidance, thought leadership and advice to farm teams and colleagues
· Enabling delivery of sustainable farming systems and practices
· Overseeing implementation of initiatives that are designed to address environmental issues, improve sustainability, and support productivity
· Educating others on the importance of protecting and enhancing the environment
· Leading and develop environmental programmes, track and report progress
You will be adaptable and approachable with your focus being on delivering farm-centric, pragmatic advice and support with a high level of technical and professional competence.
You will have:
· 4+ years’ experience in an environmental advisory role or similar, preferably in an agriculture context
· Strong interpersonal skills to build effective working relationships, particularly within a team environment, and the ability to operate as a trusted advisor
· Ability to guide, influence, coach and educate others in environmental related matters
· Motivation to be a self-starter with initiative, drive and business acumen
· Excellent written and oral communication ability
· Ability and willingness to travel regularly
Pāmu is the brand name for Landcorp Farming Limited. Pāmu stands for best practice in sustainable and safe farming, and for the unique provenance of New Zealand foods, nutrition products and fibre on global markets. We chose the Māori word ‘Pāmu’ for its literal meaning ‘to farm’ and also to reflect the Māori concept of guardianship of the environment.
Along with competitive salary, you will also receive Southern Cross Health Insurance, Life Insurance, and an extra day off at Christmas Time. You can work flexibly between your home and our office on Allen Street, Wellington. We will consider applicants in other locations.
Applications close Wednesday 22 March 2023.
If you have any questions, please contact Sam Bridgman on 027 807 7501 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be eligible for this role, you must be available for an in-person interview and have unrestricted legal rights to work in New Zealand.
Pāmu provides a safe workplace and the successful applicant will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test and undergo a criminal background check prior to being appointed.
Our values are core to who we are at Pāmu and the way that we all work together. We are Grounded, Genuine, Bold, and Shoulder-to-Shoulder. To read more, click on this link to see them on our website. To see what it's like to work in our Dairy team, click on this link to see A Day In The Life of a Dairy Assistant at Pāmu, or to learn about what our Livestock team is all about, click on this link to see A Day In The Life of a Shepherd at Pāmu.
Pāmu is the brand name for Landcorp Farming Limited, and successful applicants will be employed by Landcorp Farming Limited.