Canterbury / Otago - Central Otago / Southland - Te Anau / West Coast - all the West Coast
Farm Operations – Innovation and Extension /
Permanent - Off Farm /
· Start your career in agronomy on a large scale supporting the South Island
· Work collaboratively with Farm Managers to enable quality fertiliser & crop plans
· Based in the South Island, remote working with frequent travel to farms
This is an exciting opportunity for a recent graduate to develop and grow their career with a large, progressive farming organisation.
You will support our South Island Operations teams to deliver farming excellence through providing expert agronomy advice and expertise.
A typical day could include:
· Providing advice around feed, fertiliser, and seeds to support Farm Managers and Business Managers with quality fertiliser and cropping plans.
· Reviewing and assisting in the management of agronomy activities including contract, ordering and external services.
· Analysing, investigating, and trialling alternative nutrient sources for delivery on farm.
· Working collaboratively with Farm Managers and the wider operations team to drive efficiencies in pasture performance and positive environmental outcomes.
You will be a recent agriculture graduate with a passion for agronomy, looking for an opportunity to grow and develop your career within a large, progressive farming organisation.
You will also have:
• Good interpersonal skills competent in written and verbal communication techniques.
• An understanding of environmental factors relating to New Zealand Agriculture.
• Understanding of the economic issues associated with agriculture.
• Understanding of common agricultural software tools
• Competent with using Excel and other Microsoft applications.
Pāmu is the brand name for Landcorp Farming Limited. Pāmu stands for best practice in sustainable and safe farming, and for the unique provenance of New Zealand foods, nutrition products and fibre on global markets. We chose the Māori word ‘Pāmu’ for its literal meaning ‘to farm’ and also to reflect the Māori concept of guardianship of the environment.
Along with a competitive salary, you will also receive Southern Cross Health Insurance, Life Insurance, and an extra day off at Christmas Time.
Applications close Wednesday 14 February 2024.
If you have any questions or for a confidential discussion, don’t hesitate to contact Paul McGill on either 027 278 3467 or email@example.com.
To be eligible for this role, you must be available for an in-person interview and have unrestricted legal rights to work in New Zealand. We are unable to accept applicants on temporary work visas for permanent opportunities.
Pāmu provides a safe workplace and the successful applicant will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test and undergo a criminal background check prior to being appointed.
Our values are core to who we are at Pāmu and the way that we all work together. We are Grounded, Genuine, Bold, and Shoulder-to-Shoulder. To read more, click on this link to see them on our website. To see what it's like to work in our Dairy team, click on this link to see A Day In The Life of a Dairy Assistant at Pāmu, or to learn about what our Livestock team is all about, click on this link to see A Day In The Life of a Shepherd at Pāmu.
Pāmu is the brand name for Landcorp Farming Limited, and successful applicants will be employed by Landcorp Farming Limited.