Farm Experience and Technology Lead
Technology & Digital – Farm Experience & Technology /
Permanent - Off Farm
· Unique opportunity combining knowledge of farming practices and tech.
· Deliver integrated smart farming outcomes to drive efficiency
· New role created with flexible working and additional benefits
Partner across our 110 farms to connect our farming operations with our digital technology function to ensure the best practices and outcomes.
You will be partnering across our farming operations and digital technology function to connect, simplify, streamline, and standardise our technology landscape.
Key responsibilities include:
· Defining the farming experience and personas to understand the application, including opportunities and challenges.
· Championing and leading farm technology initiatives, working closely with internal and external stakeholders.
· Consolidating and evaluating farm technology portfolio at an enterprise level.
· Developing effective reporting, identifying risks and issues and emerging trends.
· Advocating and embedding best practices across our farming operations.
· Providing strategic and thought leadership across the farm technology landscape, contributing to our strategy and business plans.
You will have 7+ years experience and knowledge in farming operations and passion for technology and data; as well as expert engagement skills to ensure you bring stakeholders on the journey.
You will also have:
· An analytical and inquisitive mind to find the root cause and challenge the status quo to advocate for the best outcomes and solutions.
· Proven business partnering, relationship management and influencing skills.
· The ability to communicate effectively across a variety of stakeholders and ensure understanding.
· Previous experience working on IT projects that enhance processes and systems.
Pāmu is the brand name for Landcorp Farming Limited. Pāmu stands for best practice in sustainable and safe farming, and for the unique provenance of New Zealand foods, nutrition products and fibre on global markets. We chose the Māori word ‘Pāmu’ for its literal meaning ‘to farm’ and also to reflect the Māori concept of guardianship of the environment.
Along with competitive salary, you will also receive Southern Cross Health Insurance, Life Insurance, and an extra day off at Christmas Time. You can work flexibly between your home and our office on Allen Street, Wellington. We are open to considering applicants from outside of Wellington.
Applications close Thursday 8 June 2023.
If you have any questions, please contact Ashley Betts, Talent Acquisition Business Partner via email email@example.com.
To be eligible for this role, you must be available for an in-person interview and have unrestricted legal rights to work in New Zealand.
Pāmu provides a safe workplace and the successful applicant will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test and undergo a criminal background check prior to being appointed.
Our values are core to who we are at Pāmu and the way that we all work together. We are Grounded, Genuine, Bold, and Shoulder-to-Shoulder. To read more, click on this link to see them on our website. To see what it's like to work in our Dairy team, click on this link to see A Day In The Life of a Dairy Assistant at Pāmu, or to learn about what our Livestock team is all about, click on this link to see A Day In The Life of a Shepherd at Pāmu.
Pāmu is the brand name for Landcorp Farming Limited, and successful applicants will be employed by Landcorp Farming Limited.