Dairy Production Manager - Aspiring Dairy
Manawatū/Wanganui - Levin
Dairy Operations – Aspiring Dairy Unit /
Permanent - On Farm
• Coach, mentor and lead by example in this 2IC opportunity
• Bring your proven dairy experience and support the Farm Manager
• Based 5 minutes from Foxton, competitive salary and 3 bedroom house
Join our Aspiring Dairy team – 294ha farm, with 650 cows milking through a 60-bail rotary.
We have an excellent opportunity for you to join and help lead one of our Aspiring Dairy team within our Moutoa Complex.
Your role will be:
• Completing daily tasks on farm, like milking and feed allocation
• Encouraging and more importantly role modelling outstanding teamwork and work ethic
• Working efficiency and leading by example on health and safety attitude and practices
Aspiring Dairy is 294ha, milking 650 cows through a 60 bail rotary equipped with feedpad, modern effluent system, in-shed technology with reliable tractors and machinery.
You will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience where you have developed your knowledge and understanding of daily feed allocation of pasture and supplement, and skills in motivating your team and ability to keep accurate and detailed records.
You will also have:
• Reliability and a good work ethic with an affinity and passion for stock
• Excellent time management and communication skills
• First class attitude to Health and Safety, Animal Welfare and Environmental Management
• Current and full NZ drivers licence
Relevant qualifications of level 3 or higher would be an advantage.
We offer a great place to work, handy to cities and beaches, along with a very supportive and enjoyable environment to work in. We are 5 minutes from Foxton, 15 minutes to Levin and 30 minutes to Palmerston North. You will receive an attractive salary with additional benefits, as well as ongoing training and personal development to help you reach your career goals. The role comes with 3 bedroom home.
Applications close Sunday 26 November 2023.
We will be contacting suitable applicants as they apply, so get your application in now.
Got questions? Please contact Thomas Gagiano, Farm Manager on 0272188139.
To be eligible for this role, you must be available for an in-person interview and have unrestricted legal rights to work in New Zealand. We are unable to accept applicants on temporary work visas for permanent opportunities.
Pāmu provides a safe workplace and the successful applicant will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test and undergo a criminal background check prior to being appointed.
Our values are core to who we are at Pāmu and the way that we all work together. We are Grounded, Genuine, Bold, and Shoulder-to-Shoulder. To read more, click on this link to see them on our website. To see what it's like to work in our Dairy team, click on this link to see A Day In The Life of a Dairy Assistant at Pāmu, or to learn about what our Livestock team is all about, click on this link to see A Day In The Life of a Shepherd at Pāmu.
Pāmu is the brand name for Landcorp Farming Limited, and successful applicants will be employed by Landcorp Farming Limited.