Stock Manager - Rangiputa Station - Northland
Northland - Kaitaia, New Zealand /
Livestock Operations – Rangiputa /
Permanent - On Farm
· 27,000 stock units comprising of sheep and beef on a 3,300ha property
· Lead, coach and motivate a team of shepherds
· Located on the Karikari Peninsula, 10km from the beach
Join New Zealand’s largest farming organisation and develop and grow your skillset as a team leader supported by the Farm Manager
You will coach and lead staff to support the day-to-day direction and management of farm operations of the sheep and beef side of the business.
A typical day could include:
· Assisting the Farm Manager to ensure planning and farming operations are carried out
· Leading, motivating, and developing a team of shepherds
· Capturing and maintaining farm data records through Farmax, Farm IQ etc
· Optimising farm performance and improving processes
This role sits under a supportive Farm Manager who endorses career development by growing your knowledge and understanding of farm systems.
Rangiputa Station is a 3,300 ha property 30 km north-east of Kaitaia on the beautiful Karikari Peninsula. This property is currently lambing 3,000 ewes, calving 1,300 cows and fattening approximately 2,300 bulls in intensive systems. Rangiputa this year won the Regional Pasture to Plate competition and the Food Challenge at the national Silver Fern Farms awards.
Our new Stock Manager needs to be someone who plans for the future, has excellent communication and loves working with people and animals.
You will also have:
· Solid experience in sheep and beef farming
· Passion and enthusiasm about all things stock management
· Excellent attention to detail for updating and maintaining records
· Effective time and people management skills
· Commitment to high standards of quality and safety
· Full team of capable dogs
· Current & full NZ driver’s licence
We offer a competitive salary package, as well as ongoing training and personal development to help you reach your personal and career goals. The role comes with a tidy three-bedroom cottage with primary and secondary schooling available nearby.
How to Apply
To learn more about this role, please contact Colin Rakena, Farm Manager on 027 435 0982.
Applications close on Sunday 12 February 2023.
Send your application through today, as we will be speaking with strong candidates as and when they apply.
Pāmu provides a safe workplace and the successful applicant will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test and undergo a criminal background check prior to being appointed.
To be eligible for this role, you must be available for an in-person interview and have unrestricted legal rights to work in New Zealand.
Our values are core to who we are at Pāmu and the way that we all work together. We are Grounded, Genuine, Bold, and Shoulder-to-Shoulder. To read more, click on this link to see them on our website. To see what it's like to work in our Dairy team, click on this link to see A Day In The Life of a Dairy Assistant at Pāmu, or to learn about what our Livestock team is all about, click on this link to see A Day In The Life of a Shepherd at Pāmu.
Pāmu is the brand name for Landcorp Farming Limited, and successful applicants will be employed by Landcorp Farming Limited.